Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the rendering time with the new version is absolutely catastrophic...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the rendering time with the new version is absolutely catastrophic...

It takes now 2 hours to render a simple image in 1920x1080 pixels, there is no difficult materials in the scene...with the previous version i think it would of take no more than 20 minutes.
    do you have the same issue?

François

Hi François,

Can you give more details regarding the issues you are facing? Which was the previous version used, specifics about your OS, CPU, GPU/GPU driver versions, current V-Ray and SketchUp versions, etc.

Render time would depend on the desired quality - if the render settings are pumped up, it would be normal for an image to take a while to render.

Best is to provide more information (or even comparison between previous/current versions) along with a sample project so we can have a look and test what's happening. You can forward one (use the Pack Project tool from Extensions > V-Ray > Pack Project) through our contact form if you wish - just make sure to mention this thread in the email, thanks!

You can find an interesting read on Render Settings - Quality vs Render Time from our Knowledge Base here: https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...s.+Render+Time
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

hey...
      So i am working in collaboration with another architect who uses a mac (i use a pc), so what i did is i copied the project and paced it in a new document, and the rendering time was ok...
      I don"t know exactely why this happend but it is working fine now with the same settings. Maybe she changed some settings i could not see on my pc, or something else i don't know...
      Cheers

Comment

Thanks for the update - do let us know if you encounter any other issues, so we can further assist!
        Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Hi cognedur,

Copy and pasting the model effectively reset all your render settings to their default values.
          It is possible that a settings Reset in the original file would also help.

Konstantin

Comment

Working...
          X