Sketchup Crashes Importing Vrmat Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sketchup Crashes Importing Vrmat Files

I recently updated to sketchup 2021 and vray 5 hot fix 2 and I can no longer import my old vrmat materials.

Sketchup crashes immediately the minute you try to add a material to the scene. I have tried uninstalling sketchup as well as vray and the problem persists. Help?

Here is a link to one of the materials giving me trouble: https://www.dropbox.com/s/aris9row4w...006.vrmat?dl=0

Ben

Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!

Hi thorndikedev

Can you let me know if the vrmat asset is downloaded from somewhere or if it is your own? Do you know in which version it was created? Any additional details would be greatly appreciated.

We're currently investigating the file you shared, I'll keep you posted and will let you know when we have more information on the matter.
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

The material is from Vizpark and the vizpark flower pack. I don’t know what version they created it in.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. This is now logged internally under SK-3332 for developer investigation. Will let you know when there are any updates on the matter.
        Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Hi thorndikedev,

This issue is addressed in the recently released V-Ray 5, update 1.
          Please note that this specific vrmat contains an invalid shader (with a circular reference).
          We have avoided the crash but I'd still not recommend using the material.

Regards,
          Konstantin

Comment

Working...
          X