Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray gpu

Hi Kostantin
    First thank You for the update 1 for vray 5 for sketchup, chaos cosmos it's a great tool but vray gpu is still very slow, Also the gpu buckets in the new realease are getting stopped and it's very frustrating for me that the buckets don't render in the optimized way, i use 2 2080 ti with nvlink, studio drivers 461.5, with vray 5 it's works great, but with this new realease vray gpu it's a headache, thanks in advance

Comment

As You can see... Always with the new update some buckets get like this... They take hours just to realease 3 or 4 buckets and with normal behavior they should finish in 4 or 5 minutes but no hours like it's happening today

Comment

Hi luisgamino2,

Thank you for reporting this.
        We were not aware of any such issues.
        I'll do my best to reproduce this behavior but it'll help a great deal if you can share the exact project that you've used.

Thank you in advance,
        Konstantin

Comment

I found the problem Konstantin i duplicated a displacement wall thats why the vray gpu wasnt working at all, right now it's everything ok, but i have to tell You that vray gpu sometimes since vray next and vray 5 it's very slow specially in water and Windows, probably for the refractions and reflections and last question i know light cache works in 3d max in the gpu with the update 1, can You tell us how does it work, what are the advantages and if we are going to have these great tool probably for update 2???

Thanks in advance

Comment

I found the problem Konstantin i duplicated a displacement wall thats why the vray gpu wasnt working at all, right now it's everything ok
            That makes sense - the displacement effect is often quite memory hungry.
            I'd avoid using it unless it's clearly visible in the rendered image.

...vray gpu sometimes since vray next and vray 5 it's very slow specially in water and Windows, probably for the refractions and reflections...
            If you have a setup that renders slower in V5 compared to V-Ray Next, please share it.
            This should not be the case.

... i know light cache works in 3d max in the gpu with the update 1, can You tell us how does it work, what are the advantages and if we are going to have these great tool probably for update 2???
            That is correct.
            This feature is still in a somewhat experimental stage which is the reason why we didn't include it in update 1.
            It'll certainly be part of V-Ray 5 for SketchUp, update 2.

Konstantin

Comment

Thank You very much for your answer Konstantin, i think is better to have the full feature as You said before instead of half feature, so we can benefit from this great tool since the first day, thats a great news for the users of vray gpu!!! Cheers

Comment

Working...
              X