Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certain Models crashing Sketchup 2021 when rendering with Vray 5 udpate 1

Hi Everyone,

I ran into an issue with a specific extractor 3D model (and a couple other assets too) that if we drop into our model it start crashing Sketchup whenever we hit the render button. I've uploaded the file here: https://we.tl/t-xkNM2PMJq0
    I'm using Sketchup Pro 2021 and the latest Vray 5 udpate 1 for Sketchup.

This model was sent to us by our client who furnished his lodge in Sketchup and wanted us to prepare some high quality renders of it. I guess he got it from 3D warehouse. Along with this extractor there was another model of cups that caused the same issue. Also my colleague was using a ramp asset from 3D warehouse which was crashing his model last week. I'm happy to send these through as well if it helps with finding the issue.

Anyways i wanted to check if someone could test if it happens to them too with the model from the link and what workaround we could use? As soon as we drop this "corrupted" component into sketchup it automatically ruins the whole model so even if we remove the corrupted asset, purge unused both in Sketchup and Vray it will still crash the model so we have to copy over the whole building into a new file which is a bit of a pain. I tried looking for similar threads on google but didn't find this specific issue so apologies if this was already discussed somewhere.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,
    Levente

Quick update. Pruge unused and Purge in Vray worked. The reason it wasn't working the first time was that we actually had two "corrupted" models in the building. Now that both were purged it's rendering without crashing.

Comment

Hi Levente, thank you for letting us know, and good to hear you've located the problematic files.

Please refer to the following forum thread on the matter. We will have an update soon, so such issues would be avoided.

Appreciate your understanding and patience!
      Last edited by nikoleta.garkova; 12-03-2021, 07:17 AM.
      Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Thank you very much for the prompt response

Comment

Working...
        X