Chaos Cosmos running after closing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chaos Cosmos running after closing

Hi, I'm having an issue with the latest update of V-Ray 5 for SketchUp, update 1.4 (5.10.05). After closing SketchUp, an instance of Chaos Cosmos Browser Service starts to work intensively, but there are none of the host applications running.

As you can see in the attached photos, the process is very weird, it uses 5 cores of the CPU and even some RAM.

What could it be?
    | V-Ray 5 for SketchUp | SketchUp 2021 |
    Ryzen 9 5900x + RTX 3070 + 64 GB RAM

Hey dfsantos88,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing such issues!
    We are aware of a bug which causes higher CPU/mem consumption and we've already prepared a fix which should be out soon.

However, please forward us the cb.log file located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup\ChaosCosmos so we can have a look and see if anything else concerning is printed. You can do so via our contact form, just make sure to mention this thread (or my name) in the subject. Much appreciated!
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Hi! I'm experiencing the same issue. Just updated to the latest Vray version.

Comment

I sure hope that fix comes out soon. This seems to be a long-standing issue with Cosmos. I experience the same problem with it still running in the background, in fact, I will see more than one entry in the processes on my computer and I have to either end task on all of them, or just plain reboot my machine.

Comment

Originally posted by james_morvay1 View Post
          I sure hope that fix comes out soon. This seems to be a long-standing issue with Cosmos. I experience the same problem with it still running in the background, in fact, I will see more than one entry in the processes on my computer and I have to either end task on all of them, or just plain reboot my machine.
          That's interesting, i never had more than one run in the background luckily, but even that one is annoying as hell because it makes my fans turn fully on and gets loud as hell until i kill the process.

Comment

Originally posted by levente_redecky View Post

That's interesting, i never had more than one run in the background luckily, but even that one is annoying as hell because it makes my fans turn fully on and gets loud as hell until i kill the process.
            It IS possible that the multiple instances are from terminating and re-opening Sketchup w/Vray, after crashes I've had. When you're on the clock and have deadlines, it's hard to be patient and let the computer sit. I may have inadvertently caused a bigger problem by closing and re-opening the apps in too short of a time. Regardless, Cosmos, while being a great add-on for content, has that nagging bug of not closing out when the app is closed.

Comment

I have 2 instances of Cosmos running in the background while Sketchup is not running.
              One task takes me 15 MB of memory and the other one takes 8 MB of memory.
              Windows 10 - RTX 3090 - AMD Ryzen 9 5950X - 128 Go RAM
              Sketchup PRO 23.0.419 + V-Ray 6.20.02
              3DS Max 2024.2.1 + V-Ray 6.20.06
              Chaos Vantage 2.3.0
              GeForce Studio Ready Driver Version 546.01​

Comment

I completely forgot that the Cosmos Browser has two entries in the ChaosGroup Start Menu folder (for Windows), one to start the browser and the other to stop it. I am pretty sure this is the better way to ensure that the app terminates properly?

Comment

Hi guys,

The Cosmos service is not tied to any specific V-Ray enabled application.
                  It is normal for the service to remain up and running after you exit SketchUp.
                  It is designed in such a way to allow multiple V-Ray plugins in different apps to use the same service (SketchUp, Rhino, Revit, Max, Maya, etc.).
                  You also gain the ability to load the Cosmos UI in any web browser and manage your assets.

Regards,
                  Konstantin

Comment

Working...
                  X