Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray gpu 5.2.03

Hi Peter
    • Some of the default internal GPU engine (CUDA/RTX) parameters are updated to decrease memory usage and improve performance. Scenes saved with previous V-Ray versions are automatically migrated
    can You explain a little bit what happened with this new build about vray gpu, do You think this time is going to work??

Did You resolveld the issues about interactive render?? Am i going to see the same Quality than 5.1???

Did You build a heavy scene to try if it takes less vram.???

I don't want to install 5.2.3 and then go back to 5.1.05

I don't like install and uninstall.
    I hope You really find the issues that we have a couple of month ago
    Also did You fix viewport materials?? In the last teamviewer viewport materials wasnt working

thanks

Last edited by luisgamino2; 28-01-2022, 10:02 AM.

Hi Peter

I did 3 tests... Everything failed!!!

Keeps taking so much vram... 5.2, 5.2.01, 5.2.02 and 5.203 is the same, takes so much vram then it crashes and crashes really heavy.

Last edited by luisgamino2; 30-01-2022, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by luisgamino2 View Post
      Hi Peter
      • Some of the default internal GPU engine (CUDA/RTX) parameters are updated to decrease memory usage and improve performance. Scenes saved with previous V-Ray versions are automatically migrated
      can You explain a little bit what happened with this new build about vray gpu, do You think this time is going to work??

Did You resolveld the issues about interactive render?? Am i going to see the same Quality than 5.1???

Did You build a heavy scene to try if it takes less vram.???

I don't want to install 5.2.3 and then go back to 5.1.05

I don't like install and uninstall.
      I hope You really find the issues that we have a couple of month ago
      Also did You fix viewport materials?? In the last teamviewer viewport materials wasnt working

thanks
      There are 2 hidden parameters that seem to affect the GPU memory usage and performance a bit - rays per pixel and bundle size.
      During the remote session we had (with you) we tried different values by changing the parameters with a script.
      And it looked like the defaults from 3ds Max worked best.
      In this update we made sure we're using the more optimal defaults (setting them for old scenes as well).
      In some situations now the GPU engine uses 1GB of VRam less.

Of course this doesn't mean that every heavy scene will magically start rendering.
      You still depend on the available memory and if you go beyond it V-Ray will once again fail.

There are still a number of issues we're working on to improve things further.
      We just couldn't finalize everything for this update.
      There is for example a significant slowdown in the GPU Light Cache with bigger resolutions.
      This is something we'll address soon.

Regards,
      Konstantin

Comment

So From now on and in the future vray gpu light cache is going to take more vram, i think i finally understood, this is going to be the normal behaviur, is going to take more vram since the vray gpu calculates the light cache with gpu.

I know You are tired that we report a Lot of issues about vray gpu, but is better to Say hi guys with vray gpu 5.2 from now on this is going to be normal behaviur that vray gpu takes more vram. That is why 5.2, 5.201, 5.2.02 and 5.203 takes the same amount that vram, i didnt notice any kind of benefits for vray gpu with the hotfixes

And don't install and uninstall software and software, i hope You understand that is very annoing install and uninstall builds and builds that doesnt work.

And if is this going to be the normal behaviur... just Say hi guys with update 2 vray gpu is going to take more vram and if it fits in your gpu system go ahead and if You don't have a gpu card with a Lot of vram use 5.1

So we know when to use 5.1 or 5.2

5.1 for a bigger proyect and 5.2 for small proyect and this is very easy and we are awere obout this, and no heavy crashes like i do with update 2.

I would like to write in spanish to explain My self, i hope with this post in English everything is clear
        Best regards

Comment

Another issue with 5.2 with omni lights decay shadow radius isnt working with vray gpu, this is very strassed, vray gpu 5.2 only works with 8 bits then it works and all the omnilights looks horrible, ugly.

Vray gpu is not respecting shadow radius is the same if i set .5 or 5 or .01 or 2.

Vray 5.1 works really Nice, same scene, same proyect, same camara and same settings.

I tried in interactive render and if i change the value it doesnt work...

I'm tired of your software is full of Bugs!!!

​​​​​​I'm going to keep vray 5.1 if You don't bring a software that doesnt work i'm not going to upgrade yo vray 6 or what ever is next.

Finally it works and then a Bug... Lights looks horrible is like sharp light looks awfull.

Very disappointed with your software, i can show in a team viewer how Bad is 5.2

I tried to render a scene that i really liked... And then i saw like a sword of light a very bright edge, why is not respecting shadow radius???

​​​​​Do what ever You want i'm not going to migrate to vray 6 or what ever is next. I can do almost everything with 5.1 i don't need to pay an extra Money for a trash of software, i'm not going to spend any kind of Money in your next software and please don't send emails bringing chaos vantage i don't want to try vantage i want to render with vray gpu for sketchup.

Jesus!!!!!!! Never hapended something like that in all My life with vray and chaos group.

Why should i Pay an upgrade when You only bring a software with full of Bugs.

Vray gpu is not the same that vray. Vray gpu is a very sad story!!! I'm going to keep My Money with me.

I hate to express My self that way, but You push your customers almost at the edge of a very stressfull situation, bringing a software that doesnt work.

I hate vray gpu, i hate it!!!! It Just gives me problems

Comment

Hi luisgamino2 ,

So From now on and in the future vray gpu light cache is going to take more vram, i think i finally understood, this is going to be the normal behaviur, is going to take more vram since the vray gpu calculates the light cache with gpu.
            I know You are tired that we report a Lot of issues about vray gpu, but is better to Say hi guys with vray gpu 5.2 from now on this is going to be normal behaviur that vray gpu takes more vram. That is why 5.2, 5.201, 5.2.02 and 5.203 takes the same amount that vram, i didnt notice any kind of benefits for vray gpu with the hotfixes
            And if is this going to be the normal behaviur... just Say hi guys with update 2 vray gpu is going to take more vram and if it fits in your gpu system go ahead and if You don't have a gpu card with a Lot of vram use 5.1
            So we know when to use 5.1 or 5.2
            You have a point here - V-Ray 5.1 remains more memory memory efficient.
            The fact that the GPU light cache uses additional memory will not go away.
            We have plans to refactor V-Ray GPU in a big way and bring the Out of Core option to a production state but this will most probably come with V-Ray 6.

And don't install and uninstall software and software, i hope You understand that is very annoing install and uninstall builds and builds that doesnt work.
            I'm very sorry for your inconvenience.
            Unfortunately there is no other way for you to know if a specific scene will work on your specific system.
            As I mentioned above we are doing our best to introduce optimizations with every update and we are making V-Ray more efficient.
            However this does not guarantee that every project will fit in 8GB.

5.1 for a bigger proyect and 5.2 for small proyect and this is very easy and we are awere obout this, and no heavy crashes like i do with update 2.
            It is hard to define which project is big and which is small.
            That is why I never posted anything like that.

I would like to write in spanish to explain My self, i hope with this post in English everything is clear
            It is perfectly clear, don't worry about it.

Another issue with 5.2 with omni lights decay shadow radius isnt working with vray gpu, this is very strassed, vray gpu 5.2 only works with 8 bits then it works and all the omnilights looks horrible, ugly.
            Vray gpu is not respecting shadow radius is the same if i set .5 or 5 or .01 or 2.
            Vray 5.1 works really Nice, same scene, same proyect, same camara and same settings.
            I tried in interactive render and if i change the value it doesnt work...
            This is a known issue that will be addressed soon (It was actually introduced as a regression in update 2.2).
            I'll let you know when it's resolved.

I'm tired of your software is full of Bugs!!!
            ​​​​​​I'm going to keep vray 5.1 if You don't bring a software that doesnt work i'm not going to upgrade yo vray 6 or what ever is next.
            Finally it works and then a Bug... Lights looks horrible is like sharp light looks awfull.
            Very disappointed with your software, i can show in a team viewer how Bad is 5.2
            I tried to render a scene that i really liked... And then i saw like a sword of light a very bright edge, why is not respecting shadow radius???
            ​​​​​Do what ever You want i'm not going to migrate to vray 6 or what ever is next. I can do almost everything with 5.1 i don't need to pay an extra Money for a trash of software, i'm not going to spend any kind of Money in your next software and please don't send emails bringing chaos vantage i don't want to try vantage i want to render with vray gpu for sketchup.
            Jesus!!!!!!! Never hapended something like that in all My life with vray and chaos group.
            Why should i Pay an upgrade when You only bring a software with full of Bugs.
            Vray gpu is not the same that vray. Vray gpu is a very sad story!!! I'm going to keep My Money with me.
            I hate to express My self that way, but You push your customers almost at the edge of a very stressfull situation, bringing a software that doesnt work.
            I hate vray gpu, i hate it!!!! It Just gives me problems
            Once again I have to say I'm very sorry for your negative experience.
            I also want to thank you for the feedback and all the reported issues - it actually helps us a lot!
            I know you've invested time, you could have otherwise spent elsewhere, to test every build we put out and I really appreciate it.

The teams here are working hard every day with a single goal - to make the software better for the users.
            Every issue that you've identified was introduced as part of our efforts to improve.
            This is unfortunately something common in the software development process.
            It also show us that we need to test more and post more information on what we've changed and how it can affect our clients.

Regards,
            konstantin

Comment

Working...
            X