update 2.3 Intel Open Image Denoise not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update 2.3 Intel Open Image Denoise not working

I've updated v-ray yesteday and got a problem.IOID stopped working while v-ray denoiser is working ok.
    [17:55:57.030] Warning : Intel Open Image Denoise is not available. Using default CPU denoising.

[17:55:57.030] Warning : worldPositions render element not found.

[17:55:57.030] Warning : worldNormals render element not found.

[17:55:57.030] Warning : Noise levels render element not found.
    Error occurs on any project.

Using mac and SU 2020

If you have installed the universal binary version of the software the Intel denoiser is not yet supported.

3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
    NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
    www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
    @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by sirio76 View Post
      If you have installed the universal binary version of the software the Intel denoiser is not yet supported.
      What do you mean by not yet supported? I've been using this denoiser for months already and it stopped working in the latest update.Which has been downloaded from official download section.

Comment

Intel denoiser always worked without issue but if they have compiled the latest version in universal binary for native M1 Mac support, then it won’t work anymore (even using Intel Mac).
        On Cinema4D we have the same Vray build compiled in both x64 and universal binary for this reason. Despite the universal binary version runs a bit faster on M1 machines, we are still using the x64 build via Rosetta because it supports the Intel denoiser.
        NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/

Comment

Originally posted by sirio76 View Post
          Intel denoiser always worked without issue but if they have compiled the latest version in universal binary for native M1 Mac support, then it won’t work anymore (even using Intel Mac).
          On Cinema4D we have the same Vray build compiled in both x64 and universal binary for this reason. Despite the universal binary version runs a bit faster on M1 machines, we are still using the x64 build via Rosetta because it supports the Intel denoiser.
          Thanks, now I understand. Hope this will be fixed soon, or I will be forced to downgrade v-ray to previous version

Comment

As said on Cinema4D we have the latest version also for x64, if you ask to the developers maybe they can do the same for the SU version too and in this case you don't need to downgrade..
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Schermata 2022-01-30 alle 13.58.05.png Views:	0 Size:	35.2 KB ID:	1138292

Comment

Hi guys,

You are both right.
              The Open Image Denoiser is not supported in the latest update on macOS.
              There were technical challenges caused by the universal builds - the ones supporting M1 natively as well as Intel.
              We could have published 2 sets of builds - a M1 enabled version and one that runs in Rosetta mode and supports the denoiser (as in Cinema 4D) but we decided it'll be confusing for the users.

The good news is that we already have a working ARM version with Intel Denoiser support.
              We'll do our best to release it soon.

Excuse us for the inconvenience!

Konstantin

Comment

really looking forward

Comment

Originally posted by konstantin_chaos View Post
                  We could have published 2 sets of builds - a M1 enabled version and one that runs in Rosetta mode and supports the denoiser (as in Cinema 4D) but we decided it'll be confusing for the users.
                  Hi, Konstantin. Maybe having 2 sets is not that bad anyways? I'm really suffering without IOID, because v-ray denoiser works way slower and needs cleaner image to work well.

Comment

Originally posted by photohomka View Post

Hi, Konstantin. Maybe having 2 sets is not that bad anyways? I'm really suffering without IOID, because v-ray denoiser works way slower and needs cleaner image to work well.
                    It has been fixed in the latest universal build for Cinema4d so my guess is that it will come soon also for Sketchup

Comment

It has been fixed in the latest universal build for Cinema4d so my guess is that it will come soon also for Sketchup
                      Yes, we have a solution.
                      The SU update is coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X