Can't Read V-Ray Frame Buffer Status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Read V-Ray Frame Buffer Status

Just subscribed to the V-Ray for Sketchup monthly plan.

My issue is I can't read or can barely read the VFB status bar/text.

My screen resolution is at 2560 X 1440 and I know decreasing that will increase the font sizes but not the font color which I can barely read. Anyone have any ideas or is this a bug or something that was overlooked? I know I can see the status under stats in the left column.

Hi gus_robatto,

The reason why the status text is dim is to avoid distracting the artist.
    The text there sometimes changes rapidly which might become a annoying if we increase the contrast.

However, I can see that the Pixel Info text is slightly brighter and hence you can read it better.
    What's also true is that when the progress bar fills in under the text the contrast decreases even further.
    I'll log your request and we'll consider improving it.

Regards,
    Konstantin

Comment

Thanks Konstantin. I can barely read it.

While I'm on the topic I've also been experiencing another issue where the VFB reverts to what looks like something from Windows 95. It's like an old version of VFB but has all the same functions.

I'll have to get a screen shot of that.

Others issues include disappearing V-Ray for Sketchup toolbar including V-Ray toolbars that don't remain docked on re-start of Sketchup as well as pushing other toolbars to the side.

Originally posted by konstantin_chaos View Post
      Hi gus_robatto,

The reason why the status text is dim is to avoid distracting the artist.
      The text there sometimes changes rapidly which might become a annoying if we increase the contrast.

However, I can see that the Pixel Info text is slightly brighter and hence you can read it better.
      What's also true is that when the progress bar fills in under the text the contrast decreases even further.
      I'll log your request and we'll consider improving it.

Regards,
      Konstantin

Comment

Hello gus_robatto
        Regarding the messages in the progress bar, there is actually another way you could monitor those messages(which I think is more convenient).​
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-02-25 at 11.56.21.png Views:	0 Size:	133.4 KB ID:	1141157
        That's the V-Ray messages window - there you can monitor the full log of actions taken by V-Ray in real-time, plus you can roll back to see messages that went too fast or search for a specific message.

And for the other issue(windows 95 look) could you please download the V-Ray version from the link below and let me know if there is a difference?
        https://download.chaos.com/?license_...271&product=47

Comment

Konstantin, this is the odd looking VFB that pops up once in a while.

Comment

Hi gus_robatto ,

I've also seen this state of the VFB but couldn't find a reliable way to reproduce it.
            The reason seems to be that the stylesheet of the VFB fails to get loaded.
            If you find a way to intentionally cause this, it will help us debug and fix problem.

Konstantin

Comment

I sometimes have the VFB window change its appearance (see my post "Only VFB Window in Bright theme").
              But I have never been able to figure out what was causing this problem.
              When the problem occurs, can we send you one or more .LOG files that would contain the reason of this problem?
              Windows 10 - RTX 3090 - AMD Ryzen 9 5950X - 128 Go RAM
              Sketchup PRO 23.0.419 + V-Ray 6.20.02
              3DS Max 2024.2.1 + V-Ray 6.20.06
              Chaos Vantage 2.3.0
              GeForce Studio Ready Driver Version 546.01​

Comment

When the problem occurs, can we send you one or more .LOG files that would contain the reason of this problem?
                Unfortunately the logs will not help.
                We sometimes reproduce it here and the final state does not seem to hint to the cause at all.

Comment

Working...
                X