VRay Could not allocate texture buffer on device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay Could not allocate texture buffer on device

So i've been working on this render for most of this afternoon. It has been rendering fine (asides from a weird bug with the grass rendering with random black spots in it). however, at some point the render just stopped working.
    When I hit render it starts to load all of the textures and maps but then goes to a black screen and says it is finished. The progress window then shows an error message saying {"name":"vray-neui","hostname":"LAPTOP-JI5O2I3O","pid":30916,"level":50,"source":"V-Ray","msg":"[OOCRenderThread::loadMissingTextures] 2: Could not allocate texture buffer on device.","time":"2022-04-02T16:52:18.678Z","v":0}. It was rendering fine only a few minutes before this, and the only changes I made were to the intensity of some spotlights (removing these spotlights doesn't seem to help). The interactive render works absolutely fine, it's only the final production render that doesn't work. I have tried changing from CUDA to RTX and CPU, changing from bucket to progressive and reapplying what I thought the be the problem textures (the grass on the fur), non of these changes worked.
    I've attached a copy of the render log, any help on this would be amazing!

Thank you all
    Attached Files

Hi,

Thank you for the log!
    This error usually occurs due to exessive memory usage by the project(I assume that this is happening with this project only).
    Please check the article below on how to optimize the memory consumption for this model.
    https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/a...-GPU-rendering

Check the Fur settings make sure that the Count Area value is close to the default(0.6)(pls see attached screenshot)
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi there,

Thank you very much for getting back to me on this. I've run some tests using EVGA Precision and can confirm that the VRAM is being maxed out on this render. This isn't a problem I have encountered on my previous renders so I think that some practice is still needed in terms of file optimisation. I ended up reducing the fur count area a bit as per your suggestion and switched to CPU rendering which allowed me to get this project finished.

Thank you again for your help, it's refreshing to see a company with a knowledgeable support team that can help with issues like this at such short notice.

Comment

Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
        X