Crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashing

Took some time off from V-Ray and finished a project using Thea Render without a glitch for the most part. On a lark I decided to give V-Ray another shot and already after 20 minutes it crashed to desktop twice. There must be a conflict with one or more of my plugins since my rig should be more than enough to handle V-Ray for Sketchup.

I probably won't spend much time on this and will just abandon using V-Ray. It has a lot of nice features but it's not worth the aggravation of either trying to troubleshoot whatever might be causing this or dealing with the crashing even after waiting for the most recent updates to V-Ray. I may give Sketchup 2021 a shot which is a clean install and see if I have any issues there which may narrow down a possible conflict with plugins since it's a clean install with no custom plugins installed.

Dear gus_robatto, hello.

Similar topic was discussed here.
    We understand that it was unhappy experience and it's good to share it with us, thank you.
    But without providing us the needed details we won't be able to help.
    In result - this is more an emotional post, which decreases our chance to start an investigation shortly and get this solved.

Generel questions to be asked are:
    • exact V-Ray and host platform versions used
    • if it's happening with a certain scene the issue may be Scene related - then we kindly ask you to provide the scene by using Extensions > V-Ray > Pack Project
    • other plugins used (yes, for SketchUp many third-party plugins may be applied) - as you supposed too, that it may be relevant
    • information about your configuration + OS type and version => in order to try to reproduce it first with a similar setup
    We have added the required information as fields to fill when submitting a ticket via our contact form, and this is on purpose.
    This is where we start from.

This kind of forum posts are important both for Chaos and Trimble support.
    The feedback is desired, but let's make it helpful for both sides too.

I think you will agree.

Best regards,
    TS

Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
    3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

Thank you TS.

The initial issues were happening with a commercial project (house) so I couldn't upload the model. The crashes are also random and the last one was with a clean SU template

Next time around I'll try and compile all the necessary files for a bug report. Narrowing down a conflicting plugin would be difficult given I have over 100 installed and since it's seemingly random it would be doubly difficult. There are 127 *.rb files in my plugins folder for SU 2022. I do know that Vray as installed on my end slows down window resizing with Flex Tools. That's probably a Flex Tools issue with Vray.

Comment

Working...
      X