Error: "Could not allocate buffet of size vray"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error: "Could not allocate buffet of size vray"

Hello, im new here and i bought a vray license recently but now im suffering this issue and i dont know how can i fix that...

PC SPECS:

Intel i7-11800th (8n)
    RTX 3070 8gb
    RAM 32GB

I have a really really good PC and i cant understand how am getting out of memory to do this work, i will show the work and i will list all things that i tried to fix this issue.

The model is really small and simply, dont have any objetcs inside of the house, the house is really small and the project is really small in general...

- I have the last versiĆ³n of VRAY (licensed)
    - I have SketchUP PRO 2021 (licensed)
    - Have the NVIDIA drivers upddated
    - I formated my entire PC to check if the error was made by anormal driver installation

Honestly i tried everything but now i come here to see if someone of the chaos team can help me, im not an expert of PC, maybe im making something wrong.

Gretings and thanks for helping if someone see this..

(And sorry for my english, its really bad...)

Hi
    You are running out of vram, RTX 3000 series are very fast but gpus have a really small vram, 8gb of vram is really small.

This is the Main problem with 3000 series they have a small vram unless You get the 3090 You are going to suffer with vray gpu thats for sure, i have been using vray gpu for almost 5 years and as advice use cuda not RTX and use progressive.

With vray gpu You have to work very clever, in order to avoid vram problems.

Try to use resized textures and use 8 bits in the Main settings with vray gpu.

A Lot of people suffer with vray gpu, i don't really have a clue why nvidea sold a Lot of gpus with small vram only the 3090 worth the price because of 24 of vram.

So You are facing the same problem that others a gpu very fast but with small vram.

If your proyect doesnt fit in that vram and Also the cpu memory vray gpu is going to crash
    I hope it helps, never Buy again a gpu with small vram, i use 2 2080 ti with nvlink almost 22 GB of vram

Cheers.

Last edited by luisgamino2; 21-07-2022, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by luisgamino2 View Post
      Hi
      You are running out of vram, RTX 3000 series are very fast but gpus have a really small vram, 8gb of vram is really small.

This is the Main problem with 3000 series they have a small vram unless You get the 3090 You are going to suffer with vray gpu thats for sure, i have been using vray gpu for almost 5 years and as advice use cuda not RTX and use progressive.

With vray gpu You have to work very clever, in order to avoid vram problems.

Try to use resized textures and use 8 bits in the Main settings with vray gpu.

A Lot of people suffer with vray gpu, i don't really have a clue why nvidea sold a Lot of gpus with small vram only the 3090 worth the price because of 24 of vram.

So You are facing the same problem that others a gpu very fast but with small vram.

If your proyect doesnt fit in that vram and Also the cpu memory vray gpu is going to crash
      I hope it helps, never Buy again a gpu with small vram, i use 2 2080 ti with nvlink almost 22 GB of vram

Cheers.
      I will try to make a clever works to make it easier to manipulate, anyway thanks so much for sharing your knowledge and making a complete answer, now i know how it works, blessings and thanks again!

Comment

Hello enrique_testa,

You can also check this article where we give some tips on how you can optimize your scene for GPU rendering.

I hope it helps.
        Aleksandar Kasabov
        chaos.com

Comment

Working...
        X