Cosmos grass assets does not have two sided material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cosmos grass assets does not have two sided material

Click image for larger version  Name:	grass copy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.82 MB ID:	1155324 The grass models in cosmos, why don't they have two sided materials, which we normally use for foliage. It's an issue I've been facing in sketchup, when trying to set a scatter with cosmos grass, I couldn't place the sun opposite to the camera, because the grasses won't let sunlight to penetrate through, resulting in a thick dark green patch. One solution is to create a new two sided mat. and merge the cosmos asset and assign new material. Is this a bug or is that the way its created?
    This test render shows that difference. Left image with manually created two sided mat. Right image, default cosmos asset.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by thanish_afridhi; 26-07-2022, 09:46 PM.

Hello thanish_afridhi ,

Thank you for your report. Our colleagues will look into it and if there isn't a significant difference in the performance, we will update these assets. I'll let you know if we have any new information.

Kind regards,
    Iva
    Iva Mancheva
    V-Ray for SketchUp | V-Ray for Rhino | QA
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Thanks for the response.

Comment

Originally posted by iva_mancheva View Post
        Hello thanish_afridhi ,

Thank you for your report. Our colleagues will look into it and if there isn't a significant difference in the performance, we will update these assets. I'll let you know if we have any new information.

Kind regards,
        Iva
        In general, the entire vegetation catalog needs looking at when it comes down to translucency.

Comment

Hello thanish_afridhi ,

I would like to inform you that the assets are updated in the latest Cosmos Browser version.

DanSHP if there are specific assets which are not rendered as expected, please let us know.

Thanks again!

Kind regards,
          Iva
          Iva Mancheva
          V-Ray for SketchUp | V-Ray for Rhino | QA
          www.chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by iva_mancheva View Post
            Hello thanish_afridhi ,

I would like to inform you that the assets are updated in the latest Cosmos Browser version.

DanSHP if there are specific assets which are not rendered as expected, please let us know.

Thanks again!

Kind regards,
            Iva
            Thanks very much. The updates were perfect !!!

Comment

Working...
            X