V-Ray is not rendering objects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray is not rendering objects

I have a serious issue where V-Ray doesn´t "see" objects in my scenes. The objects can be seen on the LEFT viewport of SketchUp Pro 2022 but when I render this frame with V-Ray most of the objects are invisible on the RIGHT.
    I have managed to get some of the objects to be visible by "exploding" and "ungrouping" them into smaller and smaller pieces... This is not ideal for future workflows since grouping objects makes me work faster. Some objects are also not possible to explode into as small pieces as the V-Ray wants them in order to be visible - at some point the objects pieces are way too small or there are hundreds of components to be ungrouped... This can´t be right?! Yesterday the V-Ray worked just fine (on a different projects file) - but today it just doesn´t see most of the objects on this new project. Most of the invisible objects are directly downloaded from SketchUps 3D Warehouse - but the funny thing is that some of the invisible objects are also self-made on the spot like the staircase. I´ve also tried Material Override but the same problem occurs there as well - so it isn´t a material fetch issue. I´ve also downgraded my Nvidia drivers to the latest verified one (512.59) because I had a newer one (516.94) but the same problem still occurs. I´ve also tried CPU rendering and still same problem. I´m running out of tools here... help me out please.

Dear joonas_nieminen, hello.

Excuse us that we have somehow missed that topic.

In similar situations of delay please be informed that we are also receiving questions via our contact form, where files could be safely shared too.
    Best in such cases is to share the file by using Extensions > V-Ray > Pack Project to test it in our environment.​
    We will also need exact V-Ray version used (could be easily found from Extensions > V-Ray > Help > About).

It is seen that you have checked the Tags visibility, which is a good move. Using Material Override is in general a good test, reverting settings to Default from V-Ray Asset Editor is another one.​
    Adding the missing assets with copy/paste or importing them in a totally new file could show is the issue related to them.
    Nested groups are not wanted, that's why a pretty good alternative is Chaos Cosmos, where you could find many assets and also request new according to your needs.
    The content there meets specific standards, which limits the chance to experience similar issues.
    We do not have control over the 3D models shared at different places, but Cosmos is giving us the opportunity to offer something suitable and working.

And about the missing stairs - it is hard to answer without the file, so please next time attach a simple one where the issue is visible to speed the process up.

Excuse us once more for the missed opportunity of helping you on time.

Best regards,
    TS
    Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
    3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X