VFB safe file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFB safe file

V-ray 6. 2 problems: 1. I rendered a scene with multiple elements and all files are safed automatically, no Alpha, Compression Level = o and 8 Bits. All have a size of 24.348 KB . Then I makde some adjustments in the VFB and in the VFB I select EffectResult layer and safe it. The new size is 10.187 KB. This means there has been compression which I not want. How can I safe a file in the VFB with same settings as in the Asset Manager?
    2. Then I try to safe the EffectResult layer as a TIF-file. When I open this sile it is corrupted and not opens with Corel PaintShop Pro.

Hi richard_vankesteren​,

V-ray 6. 2 problems: 1. I rendered a scene with multiple elements and all files are safed automatically, no Alpha, Compression Level = o and 8 Bits. All have a size of 24.348 KB . Then I makde some adjustments in the VFB and in the VFB I select EffectResult layer and safe it. The new size is 10.187 KB. This means there has been compression which I not want. How can I safe a file in the VFB with same settings as in the Asset Manager?
    I was able to reproduce this issue with most file types and as far as I know it this not the correct behavior.
    We'll log an issue in our bug-tracking system and hopefully resolve the problem.

2. Then I try to safe the EffectResult layer as a TIF-file. When I open this sile it is corrupted and not opens with Corel PaintShop Pro.
    This one, I can't reproduce.
    All tiff files I saved open correctly in Photoshop and all other image editing apps I have.
    Unfortunately we don't have Corel PaintShop Pro here in the office but I'll download a trial and give it a go.

Konstantin

Comment

OK, I can also confirm that the tif files V-Ray saves can not be opened in PaintShop Pro 2023.
      This however is not something we can debug on our end.
      I'd recommend you share one of the tif files you've rendered with the the Corel guys to let them debug on their end.

Comment

Thanks Konstatin for your efforts. I give Affinity Photo a try, maybe this app opens the TIFF without a hassle. Affinity opens EXR-files, which is very convenient when rendering with elemnts.

Comment

Well, there is no big difference between saving 8bit tifs and saving png files for example.
          The tif that we are outputting from V-Ray is not a multichannel file so there is no special benefit of using it.

Comment

Working...
          X