Laubwerk issue and VFB multiple display issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laubwerk issue and VFB multiple display issue

Laubwerk on VFS6, Sketchup 2022, Macos imports textures but does not import the proxy file for the laubwerk file. the proxy works sometimes but not others. Its very strange.

When dragging the VFB around on Mac os sketchup 2022, the VFB must stay on the same display as sketchup, or else it disappears.
    When the VFB is brought full screen on mac os, it is impossible to reduce it back from full screen to a windowed screen.

Dear jrozansky​, hello.

In order to be more helpful please define the following:
    • the assets are not imported to the model
    • when importing them are you choosing Create New of Replace
    • exact MacOS version
    • is you machine M1 or not
    • have you detected this with certain assets (from specific kit) or it looks random
    About VFB on second display - it is already logged in our system with SK-3175 number.

About Full screen mode - we are aware of it too. VFB could be closed with Cmd + W (sharing this as a kind of workaround).
    This is listed with SK-3168 number.

I have added this forum thread to the list for both issues and we will discuss is it possible to prioritize them.
    Excuse us that we couldn't be more helpful at this point.

But please let's clear out the details about the Laubwerk one.

Best regards,
    TS​
    Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
    3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

Hi, it appears to have been user error on my part for the Laubwerk issue. Once vray is loaded, I see that identifies the laubwerk proxies in the background over the next few minutes. If I allow the scene to be open for a while after opening, the issue is resolved. The problem was I was hitting the render button quickly after opening the scene.

Comment

Thank you for sharing!
        This isn't reproducible in our environment, but we will keep it in mind in our future tests.
        Is it happening also in newly created scenes?

Contact us again if support is needed!

Wishing you a wonderful week.

Comment

Dear jrozansky, hello.

We wanted to kindly inform you that from V-Ray 6.10.01 on, is provided an option to choose how VFB will behave - especially for MacOS. This is the resolution for the previously mentioned SK-3175 and SK-3168.​​
          It is located under Extensions > V-Ray > Preferences > Parent V-Ray Frame Buffer.
          More information could be found in our docs here.

Keep in mind that:
          • per default the state is enabled/checked
          • when the option is enabled, standard VFB parenting is on
          • when the option is disabled, VFB parenting is disabled (VFB will show on your second monitor and it's possible to exit the VFB full screen mode)
          • the chosen state will persist between sessions
          Best regards,
          TS

Comment

Working...
          X