VFB disappears off screen when using multiple monitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFB disappears off screen when using multiple monitors

I have this recurring issue, which I've noticed on multiple different screen setups. When trying to start a render on my MacBook Pro and SketchUp is in full-screen, the VFB does not appear anywhere on any of my screens. By using the trackpad gestures, I can view all the windows associated with SU, which will then show the VFB, but I cannot select it at all. Is this a known issue? Is there a solution?

Attached is a screenshot of what I see in the app expose. It almost looks like the sketchup app plus the VFB have a resolution greater than what my MBP screen has, which is maybe why I can't select the VFB?

Dear tyler_cox​, hello.

Excuse us for the extremely delayed response.
    Unfortunately this is a known behavior (SK-3175) - V-Ray Frame Buffer is not visible on a secondary display on MacOS.
    I will add this forum thread to the list and inform you by any progress.

Thank you for contacting us and excuse that we aren't able to be more helpful at this point.

Best regards,
    TS
    Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
    3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

Dear tyler_cox​, hello.

We wanted to kindly inform you that from V-Ray 6.10.01 on, is provided an option to choose how VFB will behave - especially for MacOS.
      It is located under Extensions > V-Ray > Preferences > Parent V-Ray Frame Buffer.
      More information could be found in our docs here.

Keep in mind that:
      • per default the state is enabled/checked
      • when the option is enabled, standard VFB parenting is on
      • when the option is disabled, VFB parenting is disabled (VFB will show on your second monitor; it's possible to exit the VFB full screen mode, etc.)
      • the chosen state will persist between sessions
      Enjoy your improved MacOS workflow with V-Ray for SketchUp!​

Best regards,
      TS

Comment

I have the same issue: Revit 2024.2, Vray 6.10.04, Windows 10, multiple displays. VFB is a no-show. Is there any workaround for Revit? Thank you!

Comment

Dear erik_horn, hello.

Since the host platform is different and you are on Windows, something totally different is causing this.
          Please post in the right section V-Ray for Revit :: Issues or share details via our contact form.

Take a look also isn't the window just minimized and try to open it from the ribbon button Show / Hide Frame buffer:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	82
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	1203115

Best regards,
          TS​

Comment

Working...
          X