Bug in latest version. Vray 6 for SketchUp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug in latest version. Vray 6 for SketchUp

After installing current update I’m noticing after a while while working on a scene I will get TWO Asset editor windows pop up. One functions and one does not.

Dear dreamspace, hello.

Please define the following:
    • are you working on MacOS
    • If yes, what is your exact MacOS version
    • is your machine using M1
    Have you noticed when the second Asset Editor appears?

We have detected that after closing SketchUp V-Ray Asset Editor could stay opened - this is listed in our system with WEBUI-6094 number.
    When you reopen the application it is possible to see the Asset Editor from the previous session.
    But the details you share with us will be helpful to understand is it the same issue and should we investigate more on this matter.

Waiting for your answer.

Best regards,
    TS
    Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
    3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

HI. Yes, I'm on a Mac. Yes, very often the asset editor will remain open after quitting Sketchup. But, this is different and only started to happen after upgrading Vray to the current build (yesterday?). It seems to be happening on it's own usually after starting and stopping a render multiple times. If I click on one of the 2 Asset Editor windows, one disappears but pops up again. The only way I can determine which is active is to either adjust the lights or start a render. If it doesn't respond, it's the wrong one.

Monterey OS 12.6

Model Name: Mac Studio
      Model Identifier: Mac13,2
      Chip: Apple M1 Ultra
      Total Number of Cores: 20 (16 performance and 4 efficiency)
      Memory: 64 GB
      System Firmware Version: 7459.141.1

Comment

Hello again and thank you for the details!

It will be appreciated to send all available vray-neui.log files, which could be accessed from Extensions > V-Ray > Help > About > V-Ray Asset Editor Session Log.
        The best time is to check for the log right after the issue appears, but until this suitable moment happens, you could send us all available log files from the folder.

They could be attached here as an archive or send via our contact form.
        If you choose the second way, please share the forum link in the description.

Please confirm once more that the issue started to appear right after updating to 6.00.01 - latest hotfix.

Comment

To keep the community posted, this issue is logged in our bug tracking system with WEBUI-6094 number.

The ticket communication is still opened, other issues are discussed too.
          Thank you for providing the wanted files and for your collaboration, dreamspace​!

Comment

Hello again!

We are happy to inform you that in the fresh released V-Ray 6 Update 1 version this unwanted behavior has been fixed.
            Thank you once more.

Best regards,
            TS

Comment

Working...
            X