Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enmesh mortar and brick

Hi Guys,

Hope you are all well. I am doing a special brick wall with enmesh, is working but:

I would like to show different materials in the imported group, but the material is applied to the enmesh surface, ideally I would like for the mortar to have a different color than the bricks.

Is there a solution ?

Thanks to everyone who read and reply !

Dear giacomo_testi, hello.

Excuse us for the delayed response!
    Something similar was discussed for Enmesh in V-Ray for Rhino, please see here.

I will describe how to achieve it in V-Ray for SketchUp:
    1. Assign two different materials to the two chosen groups (in your case white = Bricks & yellow = Mortar)
    2. Choose the whole module and make it a Component
    3. Assign to the facade new material with Multi-Sub Texture into the Diffuse slot and ensure 2 slots
    4. For Get ID from choose Use Face Material ID (information how is generated exactly could be found here + example from V-Ray Asset Editor)
    5. Perform a test render to see how the Texture channel colors are applied
    6. Assign Textures to the Multi-Sub Texture channels (as you want them to be)
    7. Render
    Please test on your side and give us feedback.

Best regards,
    TS
    Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
    3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

Hello

I just created a Multi-Sub Texture, for enmesh, step by step as you wrote above. I have only one question - is it possible to add only a "bitmap" to the texture slot in Multi-Sub - no material (with reflection, refraction, bump ...)? What to do, if I need to add atc. some reflection?

Best regards
      Lā€‹

Comment

Dear ingarch_ladislavā€‹, hello.

Excuse me for the delayed response.
        In the slots of Multi-Sub Texture we are able to add only Textures, as its name prompts.

Perform steps 1 and 2 and then use Multi Material - similar to the example shared earlier in the V-Ray for Rhino thread.
        Pasting the link again here.

If you have any issues feel free to share with us a test scene to take a look.
        Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
        3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X