Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VFB always on top, minimizing minimizes Sketchup window as well, can't switch between Sketchup window and VFB window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFB always on top, minimizing minimizes Sketchup window as well, can't switch between Sketchup window and VFB window

I'm having issues on my Mac with the VFB. It happens with my iMac Pro and my MacBook Pro. It always stays on top of the Sketchup window and if I try to minimize it the entire Sketchup application window minimizes. I also cannot switch between the VFB and the Sketchup window. When i go to Sketchup>Window and switch between the VFB and the SU window, the VFB still stays on top. I'm using V-Ray 6 on a Mac with macOS Monterey version 12.6. I tried restarting my computer but that didn't work

Dear kevin_galyen​, hello.

Welcome to Chaos Forums!

The described from you is the intended behavior, discussed internally by our dev team in SK-2951.
    V-Ray Frame Buffer is following the default MacOS parent-child way of work.
    SketchUp window is the parent, VFB is the child, described literally.

Have you tried closing the VFB instead of the attempt to minimize it?
    And when needed, re-call it from V-Ray Asset Editor or from its own icon at the toolbar.

Best regards,
    TS
    Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
    3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

OK , but shouldn't I be able to switch between the VFB and the Sketchup window? In the attached image, the Sketchup window is selected but the frame buffer stays on top Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 9.09.12 AM.png
Views:	155
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	1165862

Comment

Hi again,

You could notice the same behavior with all V-Ray related windows (Asset Editor, File Path Editor, Light Gen, Chaos Cosmos) - so V-Ray Frame Buffer is not an exception.
        If you open native SketchUp windows from the menu (Model info, Components, Styles, etc.) you will experience the same - they won't go behind the application and will stay on top.

I understand your point of view and initial confusion, but this is the native MacOS behavior.

Comment

Dear kevin_galyen​, hello.

We wanted to kindly inform you that from V-Ray 6.10.01 on, is provided an option to choose how VFB will behave - especially for MacOS.
          It is located under Extensions > V-Ray > Preferences > Parent V-Ray Frame Buffer.
          More information could be found in our docs here.

Keep in mind that:
          • per default the state is enabled/checked
          • when the option is enabled, standard VFB parenting is on
          • when the option is disabled, VFB parenting is disabled (VFB will show on your second monitor; it's possible to exit the VFB full screen mode; minimizing will work better, etc.)
          • the chosen state will persist between sessions
          Please try it and contact us with feedback, it will be welcomed.

Enjoy your improved MacOS workflow with V-Ray for SketchUp!​

Best regards,
          TS​

Comment

Working...
          X