V-Ray 5 and 6 lose mix mapping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray 5 and 6 lose mix mapping

I have faced an error when I use materials configured in old version 3.6. Any material with mix map does not load this mapping first. I also noticed that 2 sided materials don't render the back face correctly. Anyone with the same problem?

Hello henriqueb,

Would it be possible to share with us several such materials to test them on our side?
    To do so please open a ticket via https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new form and send them in the attachment.

Apart from that I would like to point out that both in V-Ray 5 and V-Ray 6 you can take advantage of the vast library of materials and assets that we offer in Chaos Cosmos Browser. Please check them out to see if perhaps you will find something suitable for your needs.​
    Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi natalia.gruzdova thanks for answering, actually I managed to solve the mix map problem. But I noticed other problems, now with the bump. When I load materials configured in version 3.6, the slot is loaded empty in V-Ray 6. I have several models configured by me in the older version to support those who still use these versions.

The fact is that this only happens when we import the model. The loaded material works perfectly.

I know the Chaos Cosmos library, since it was released, I've been a beta tester since 2018, and I think it's good, but sometimes we need more specific models for some projects.

If possible, it would be interesting to have a function that updates materials from previous versions with support for new features when using V-Ray 6.​

Comment

The fact is that this only happens when we import the model. The loaded material works perfectly.
        This is an interesting observation.
        We'll look into this and do our best to improve this behavior (if possible).

Comment

Hello henriqueb,

We identified an issue with Generic materials with Bump maps created with V-Ray 3.6 - the materials have their Bump map texture missing when the v3.6 model migrated to V-Ray 6.
          The issue is fixed by our developers and the fix will be included in the next hotfix. Please note that when the model is migrated to V-Ray 6 the Bump maps will appear in the Bump attribute.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
          Iva
          Iva Mancheva
          V-Ray for SketchUp | V-Ray for Rhino | QA
          www.chaos.com

Comment

Hello iva_mancheva I am glad to hear that, thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X