Upgraded to vray 6 - rendering issues in CUDA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgraded to vray 6 - rendering issues in CUDA

Everything was working fine but now it does not render in CUDA or even RTX. It only renders in CPU but the quality is low. Why is this?

Also has this -
    AM Error [V-Ray] [MemoryManagerGpu::releaseUnmappedMemoryFromInstanc e] 700: Could not release device buffer
    Last edited by rebecca_parklin; 30-11-2022, 11:41 AM.

Hi Rebecca,

This error could be related to several things, however, we would need to investigate further in order to pinpoint the exact cause of the issue.

Does this issue occur with a particular project?
    Could you please open a ticket by clicking here and share the project with our 3D Support team, so that we can investigate further?​
    Make sure to use the Pack Project tool when saving the project to avoid losing any assets (Extensions > V-Ray > Pack Project)
    Please also make sure to let us know what is the exact version number of V-Ray, as well as your computer specifications, and GPU driver version.

​​​​I will look into the project once we receive it and will reply both in the ticket and here
    Diana Milenova | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi rebecca_parklin​,

One thing that you can try right away is:
      1. Update V-Ray to it's latest version
      2. Install the recommended GPU drivers.
        You can find the latest recommended version listed on the following page - https://www.chaos.com/vray-gpu
        Click image for larger version

Name:	gpuDriversVesion.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	225.9 KB
ID:	1167109
      If this doesn't help, sharing the project is next best thing you can do.

Konstantin

Comment

Hello All,

Just had to jump in on this thread to report I can confirm this is indeed a huge problem.

Ive just upgraded to the V-Ray 6 for SketchUp, hotfix 1 and now I cannot utilize my GPU's at all. Both CUDA and RTX do not engage the GPUs. When I select them from the "3" dots menu they automatically deselect themselves and will not engage on any renders.

This is a massive issue as I have a deadline today and now Im dead in the water.

The previous version was working fine and now it does not.

Is there a fix for this?

The rig im on now is using 2x 3090's and a Threadripper CPU, Win 11, w/ up to date Sketchup and NVIDIA 528.02 drivers.

Need help on this asap!
        Last edited by QMG; 23-01-2023, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Hi guys ( QMG and Rebbeca Parklin)

Im with you guys, i really hate to see people suffering with vray gpu, i have talking with Konstantin about this...More stable software but it keep fails, even with vray 6 a lot of People complain because the software is not ready or has some bugs...Why we have always to find the bugs with vray gpu.!!!! This is not acepptable

I hope a really serius work with vray gpu for the vray 6 update 1 to upgrade my licence, with out bugs, i dont want to suffering again with vray gpu.

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
          X