Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enmesh, duplicate objects not rendering

Hello,

I am encountering an issue where if I duplicate an object with Enmesh applied will not render on either. If I delete any one of them the remaining one will render (that is there can only be 1). Despite being a group, sketchup recognizes them as instances (aka "2 groups in model" shown in Entity Info"). Entering into one group and exiting breaks the instancing of a group and will then render both instances of the enmesh.

See screenshot, now - the "pizza" shaped frame is a separate geometry from the enmesh and not part of the group.

Alternatively, If I have two surfaces, which are components, and apply the enmesh to one, it will unique instance the object selected and therefore only render that one.
    A second process, in which I place the enmesh surface (as group) inside of a component with several other object (eg. a repeated balcony, in which the railing itself to be an enmesh) causes it to not render
    All in all it seems to be to be impossible be duplicating/instances of of enmeshes.

Is this expected behavior?

Brandon

Attached Files

Hello Brandon,

Thank you for your report. The issue will be fixed in the next hotfix, which is coming soon. The expected behavior is that the Enmesh asset should be rendered on all objects and instances/duplicates of the base object, which the Enmesh asset is applied to.

Kind regards,
    Iva
    Iva Mancheva
    V-Ray for SketchUp | V-Ray for Rhino | QA
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
    X