Washout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washout

This might be an easy one, but it's got me stuck. Seems like I've got all the same settings in two different Sketchup files but any render done in in one is great and the other is horribly washed out. Help?

Hello matteo_harris ,

From your attached images I see that the first image is an interior render and the second - an exterior one. Please note that you need to use different exposure values (Asset Editor > Camera > Exposure value) to match your lighting conditions. You can check out this diagram - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exposu...as_Circles.png
    Generally, for exterior renders you would need an Exposure value between 12 and 15 and for interiors - between 6 and 8. You can play with the values until you get a satisfying result.
    Additionally, you can use Auto exposure or Light Gen (https://docs.chaos.com/display/VSKET...-Ray+Light+Gen).

Let me know if you have any questions!

Kind regards,
    Iva
    Iva Mancheva
    V-Ray for SketchUp | V-Ray for Rhino | QA
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Thanks - Super helpful!

Comment

Something is still not right and these are renderings with the same settings (as far as I can tell) - different versions of the same model (different files). I saved and imported the "good" VRay settings (.vropt file) from the good one .skp model to the bad and no change. Any Ideas?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	148
Size:	543.0 KB
ID:	1176192Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	147
Size:	1,017.6 KB
ID:	1176193

Comment

Hello matteo_harris,
          Thank you for the screenshots.

Would it be possible to share both scenes and the .vropt settings file with us, so we could take a look? If this is alright please open a ticket and upload all your files using this submit request form. Make sure to archive both scenes with Pack Project Tool (Extensions>V-Ray>Pack Project).

Additionally please share:
          • Your current V-Ray version (Extensions>V-Ray>Help>About).
          • Are you rendering these two scenes on one machine or on different ones?

Thank you in advance.
          Last edited by natalia.gruzdova; 22-03-2023, 06:00 AM.
          Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks. I'll try.
            V-Ray 6.02.00
            Both on the same machine, same screens.

Comment

Thank you for solving the problem by noting that the dome lights used were set to a high brightness and creating a washout of light across the entire model.

Comment

Thank you matteo_harris for posting the outcome of your case on forum as well!

Should you have any issues or questions please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
                Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
                Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
                X