Materials not showing in skp model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Materials not showing in skp model

I recently updated to vray 6 and skp 2023 and the materials I have been using now for years are not showing in my model. Instead I am getting these different color checkered and arrow patterns where each previous material was used.
    Also I brought in "Metal Painted Bumpy Blue 5cm" from cosmos and I am getting the same results. Can anyone help me with this so that I can get this rectified ASAP.

Hello ,

Thank you for your post.
    We are currently investigating the issue that you have reported, which is related to the Binding options.

Meanwhile as a workaround please do the following:
    • Set Binding Texture Mode to Custom;
    • Set Custom > Texture > Color.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1174729_Custom_Color_1.jpg
Views:	2278
Size:	340.6 KB
ID:	1174811 Click image for larger version

Name:	1174729_Custom_Color_2.jpg
Views:	2241
Size:	323.1 KB
ID:	1174812

This way the viewport color will correspond to the one in render and in the V-Ray Asset Editor preview.
    Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hello, I have a similar problem - the color of the material imported from Chaos Cosmos is not represented correctly in the SketchUp model. Everything OK is in the rendered image.​
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello ingarch_ladislav,

Could you please specify the name of the Cosmos material?

Also, I wanted to share that the improvement case for viewport representation of Cosmos materials was logged in our internal system (SK-4229).

Comment

it was: Fabric A02 Purple 20cm

Comment

Hello ingarch_ladislav,
            Thank you for sharing the name of the material.

Please note that in case this is expected. Because this material is created with Color Correction (Utility Texture) in the Diffuse slot for easier color adjustments and SketchUp can not preview these Utility Textures in its viewport.

Name:	Color_correction.jpg
Views:	1726
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	1175966

Comment

Hi Natalia,
              We are also experiencing this issue.
              We followed the steps that you provided above, but the end result was that it went from the strange grid material to the colour of the material, but it didn't show the texture. The material we are trying to show in sketch up is 'Bricks Simple 02'.

Name:	Bricks.jpg
Views:	1496
Size:	240.3 KB
ID:	1181478

Comment

Hello james_tartt,

Thank you for specifying the material. Again, in this case the preview is expected because Bricks Simple 02 200 cm is created with the use of the V-Ray procedural 2D texture - Tiles.

SketchUp is not able to preview these procedural textures, instead Texture Helper is used to assist with mapping.

Otherwise you can rely on the Interactive render or Viewport render.

Comment

Working...
                X