Glitches in V-Ray Vision animation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glitches in V-Ray Vision animation

When I try to export an animation from In Vision I get random glitches in the images. Please see attached screenshots.

Thanks,

Maarten

p.s. I get them in any scene I try it with.Even in scenes with only Heather in it.
    Attached Files

Hello maarten_vis,

Can you please share your V-Ray version? (Extensions>V-Ray>Help>About)

There is a known issue with Vision exporting video with artifacts in V-Ray 6.
    Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Here's a screenshot with my version details:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 09.52.56.png
Views:	71
Size:	188.3 KB
ID:	1175689

Comment

Is there something I can do about it? I'd like to use the animation feature!

Comment

Hello maarten_vis,

Thank you for sharing your V-Ray version, I will add your forum thread to the corresponding issue in our internal system (VRT-744).

I also tested the empty scene with Heather only and noticed that artifacts are mostly present in the overbright areas.

As a workaround you could try the following:
          • In Vision settings under Camera change EV Compensation to lower values like -1 or -2 so your image (animation) will be darker.
          • Export video with these settings and check if there are artifacts or not.
          • Open this video in Chaos Player.
          • Adjust Exposure under Color Correction to brighten it the way you like.
          • Save your video > File > Export Composition Sequence ( you can select different formats to export including .webm like in Vision)
          Let me know if this worked for you.
          Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
          X