X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transparency of glass material

Hallo Everybody,
    I don´t find a solution for this Problem:
    the glass does not let in the light of the sky. does anyone have an idea? please look at the screenshot Thank you all​Click image for larger version

Name:	Bildschirmfoto 2023-04-04 um 17.40.21.png
Views:	167
Size:	320.3 KB
ID:	1177376
    Thank you all​

Hello henry_walon,
    Thank you for the screenshot.

Please check two things first: material and geometry.
    Create a new simple box with a Push\Pull tool and apply the same glass material to the selected geometry from V-Ray Asset Editor (right-click on the material > Apply to Selection). Does it render correctly or result is the same?
    • If it renders correctly on this new geometry then you need to check the geometry of the window. Is it created as a one-poly object? Please note that incorrect results are expected if the geometry does not have any depth, try to add some thickness to the glass with a Push\Pull tool and see if it helps. Also check if faces are reversed by any chance. Or try to reapply material from V-Ray Asset Editor > Apply to Selection.
    • If it renders the same way on new geometry then most likely the issue is with material itself. Try to substitute it with different glass material, for example Glass Window Neutral from Cosmos Browser.
    In case none of the above helps please attach a simplified version of the scene for us to review.
    Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

HELLO Natalia! thank you for the fast answer.... unfortunately I had already tried all these variations before exposing my problem in the forum- and the problem was not solved. It turns out that the solution has been done by the time I went back to - turn On the Dome light... with SunLight the phenomenon is repeated without solution. Where is the trap?
      ​What is it what i do wrong ?
      Best regards
      Henry

Comment

Thank you henry_walon for testing it as well.
        In such case could you please share your scene with the current setup to investigate it on our side?

If the scene is too big to attach it on the forum, please open a ticket using this submit request form and upload the archived scene in the ticket. Please make sure to archive it with the Pack Project tool (Extensions > V-Ray > Pack Project tool).
        Additionally, please share your exact V-Ray version (Extensions > V-Ray > Help).

Thank you in advance.
        Last edited by natalia.gruzdova; 07-04-2023, 08:49 AM.
        Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X