Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broke my existing V5 installation + New machine migration questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broke my existing V5 installation + New machine migration questions.

I broke my installation of 5 by trying to upgrade the version number, and not noticing the release notes for OS support until now. If I recall correctly, I think I had version 5.20.02 running in SketchUp 2020 on MacOS 10.13.6 (High Sierra), and I tried installing 5.20.06 which crashes SU. To fix this for the moment, I believe I have to go back to 5.20.03. I've already uninstalled V-Ray for SketchUp, but what about the other stuff (Cosmos, Cloud, VRL Service)? Do I need to manually uninstall all of that, or will the older installer take care of that?

I'm also in the process of moving to a new machine and OS's: a dual boot setup with Monterey on one volume and Mojave on another boot volume. I have a perpetual V5 license right now. How is the license handled moving to the new machine? I don't need to uninstall the software on the old machine do I?

Dear robert_coolidge​, hello.

Welcome to Chaos Forums!

You have properly noticed that the system requirements have changed with V-Ray 5 updates, which could be found in the Archived versions of our docs here.
    Another way to find it, like you shared, is checking the Release notes, example here:
    Apple® macOS® 10.14. V-Ray 5 for SketchUp, update 2.2 is the last version that can run on macOS 10.10, 10.11, 10.12 and 10.13.
    The mentioned other stuff (Cosmos, Cloud, VRL Service) could be manually uninstalled too to perform a clean re-install, yes.
    If you meet any issues, feel free to get in touch with the dedicated support team via our contact form. Please choose Technical Assistance Starting the Product under Request type.
    That way you could receive detailed explanation how to handle the process in steps.

I have checked that you have V-Ray 5 perpetual license, so it won't be needed to uninstall the software from the old machine.
    The license just shouldn't be engaged on both machines (volumes), which won't happen on the explained from you future setup.

Best regards,
    TS

Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
    3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X