Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Material ID won't Apply

Hello,

I want to use the same material but give have certain objects on a different ID layer for selection. I therefore decided to duplicate the material and assign it to the object and apply a different colour ad number ID. However when rendering, the mask appears the same colour. I thought that i was due to the duplication but I made a new material and applied it to the geometry but seemingly cannot get the material ID to work correctly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	224
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	1180695
    in the image the background building is a different material with different ID (verified by 'selecting by material') but clearly the ID is showing incorrectly.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi, what I do in case I duplicate a material, I delete the "Material ID" attribute of the duplicated material and recreate one.
    Windows 10 - RTX 3090 - AMD Ryzen 9 5950X - 128 Go RAM
    Sketchup PRO 23.0.419 + V-Ray 6.20.02
    3DS Max 2024.2.1 + V-Ray 6.20.06
    Chaos Vantage 2.3.0
    GeForce Studio Ready Driver Version 546.01​

Comment

DCHA34 Hi thanks for your reply - I have tried that and even new materials do now work with material ID function now.. Very strange.

Comment

Update:

I had neglected the fact that I was using the master material override and deflecting it for certain materials therefore new ones were being overridden!

Oops!

Comment

Hello jacksivyer, we are glad to hear that everything is working fine now and thanks DCHA34 for helping out!

Please do not hesitate to post on forum or open a ticket to our support team should you need any assistance.
          Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
          X