This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem rendering with Safe Frame

When I include Safe Frame in Render Output, an error appears [utils:inned gpu buffer::uploadasync] 716: failed to upload buffer of size 4! , does not allow rendering to continue. Do you know the reason why this is happening?
  • Answer selected by natalia.gruzdova at 22-05-2023, 01:56 AM.

Thank you moon_design for your cooperation. We have determined that in this particular scene the issue was caused by Light Cache calculations of the indirect illumination in the closed space (interior scene with curtains).

There will be some changes in the upcoming update that will improve Light Cache calculations in the V-Ray GPU. For the time being there are two possible workarounds:
    • To render with CPU render engine;
    • To set Secondary Rays in Global Illumination to Brute Force.

Comment

Hello moon_design,
      Could you please share some additional information regarding your issue:
      • A screenshot of About window V-Ray for SketchUp to confirm the exact build you are using.
      • A screenshot of the Task Manager > GPU Tab with graphics card specifications. Do you have one graphics card or two?
      • What is the current GPU driver installed? Please note that the latest recommended version is 531.41, if you have different drivers installed - please install 531.41 version.
      • Do you get this error message on a specific scene or with any scene, even a new simple one?
      • What resolution are you trying to render?
      If the issue is present only in the specific scene would it be possible to share it to test on our side? If this is alright please open a ticket using this submit request form and upload the archived scene in the ticket. Please make sure to archive it with the Pack Project tool (Extensions > V-Ray > Pack Project tool).

Thank you in advance.

Click image for larger version

Name:	V-Ray_About_SU.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	285.1 KB
ID:	1180820
      Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I am sending you images of the version of Vray that I use on Sketchup 2023 and Task Manager GPU - RTX 3070. I tested the scene and the problem arises when I add a ceiling to the interior, which is unbelievable why such things happen. when I delete the ceiling planing, there are no errors, when I draw it, the error occurs again. I updated the graphics drivers to 531.41
        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you moon_design for sending your scene in a ticket, we will continue communication there for now.

Comment

Thank you moon_design for your cooperation. We have determined that in this particular scene the issue was caused by Light Cache calculations of the indirect illumination in the closed space (interior scene with curtains).

There will be some changes in the upcoming update that will improve Light Cache calculations in the V-Ray GPU. For the time being there are two possible workarounds:
            • To render with CPU render engine;
            • To set Secondary Rays in Global Illumination to Brute Force.

Comment

Working...
            X