2023 Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023 Issues

I am using the latest 6.00.03 in SketchUp 2023 and I seem to be having performance issues, especially on files that were used initially by Enscape in 2022. The file I am working on now gave me so many issues that I disabled Enscape and wiped all VRay data (which doesn't seem to wipe Enscape data) and when I try to run an interactive render and stop it, the rendering stops but SU still uses a bunch of memory and locks up as if it is still rendering in the background. Something just feels off, don't know how to really quantify it all. I am also having issues working with basic functions on materials as well.
    Matthew Valero, ASAI

Hello ValeroStudio,
    Thank you for specifying your V-Ray and SketchUp versions.

Would it be possible to take a look at your scenes and test them on our side? If this is alright please open a ticket using this submit request form and upload the archived scene in the ticket. Please make sure to archive it with the Pack Project tool (Extensions > V-Ray > Pack Project tool).

Apart from that:
    • Is your Enscape up-to-date? Please share your Enscape version as well (Extensions > Enscape > About).
    • Are you rendering interactively with a V-Ray CPU or GPU render engine? Please share your computer specifications.
    Regarding the materials issues could you give some examples of what to test?

Thank you in advance.
    Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I am using Enscape 3.4.4+9464 using VRay CPU Interactively initially but mostly production test renders using bucket rendering.

Machine specs are
      AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.39 GHz
      64GB RAM
      NVIDIA RTX 3080 Ti - Driver 531.61

The issues might have been due to the base modeling being an export from Revit. I took some time to purge out unnecessary geometry and components and that did seem to help performance a little bit. I should note that this file was initially used for a series of Enscape renderings. Although, there are definitely buggy things with some materials. Using Wipe VRay Data - does not wipe the Enscape data written to materials. I wonder if it should or at least have an option to do so. We may not always want to take Enscape setups and then build on to them in VRay, sometimes we might just want a clean slate and start from scratch.

I'll pack up my file from yesterday and send it over if you wanted to use it as a test subject.

Matthew Valero, ASAI

Comment

Thank you ValeroStudio for all the information.
        I confirm that we have received your files, we will test the same versions and the new one as well.

We may not always want to take Enscape setups and then build on to them in VRay, sometimes we might just want a clean slate and start from scratch.
        So, you would like to have something similar to Wipe V-Ray Data from Project tool, but for all Enscape assets (models, materials, etc.)?

Comment

Originally posted by natalia.gruzdova View Post
          So, you would like to have something similar to Wipe V-Ray Data from Project tool, but for all Enscape assets (models, materials, etc.)?
          Yes, I would love to see this. I guess it is more of an Enscape request but if you move on from Enscape to VRay on a project, you might want to start fresh.
          Matthew Valero, ASAI

Comment

Thank you ValeroStudio for the answer, I have forwarded your feedback to the Enscape team.

Also I wanted to add that you can disable Enscape Compatibility in SketchUp’s menu Extensions > V-Ray > Preferences > Enscape Compatibility.
            When disabled, Enscape data in the scene is ignored and Enscape materials and assets will not be rendered in V-Ray.

Comment

Working...
            X