Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with Saving/Loading Render Parameters ( VROPT files)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Saving/Loading Render Parameters ( VROPT files)

Hello,

The render Settings Save/Load feature does not work (anymore) on my setup (I use it a lot on each project)
    • I can save a *.vropt file
    • But when I try to load the *.vropt file, I get a Windows Box with the following error:
    Something went wrong.

undefined method "empty?" for nil:Nil:Class C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for Sketchup/extention/ruby/internal/render_session:89:in"configure_resumable_rendering "

Error information reported to : (here's a Paste of the log file)

render_session(33):info: "Initializing Renderer"
    context(49):warning: undefined method `empty?' for nil:NilClass
    C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/internal/render_session:89:in `configure_resumable_rendering'
    C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/internal/render_session:60:in `bootstrap'
    C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/internal/render_session_production:14:in `start'
    C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/public/context:221:in `start_session'
    C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/public/command:24:in `render_production'
    C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/neui/subscriber:29:in `render'​
    • This feature ( Save/load vropt files) is crucial for me.
    • When I get this error, I have no other choice than closing Sketchup and loading the file again ( Render does not work once I hace this error on Sketchup)
    • Could you help me repair this ?

I am using the following setup:

Windows 11
    Sketchup Pro 2021 V 21.0.391

Vray 6.10.10 (Build 318600 08ce28ad9)
    Vcore 6.10.09
    Vray NeUI 5.10 ( 1744687 c7eb55a4)
    Vray AppSDK 4.02.00

Hello flatsolution,
    Thank you for your post.

The issue occurs when you load an old .vropt render setting used for the previous V-Ray version and it is logged under SK-4095 and your post is linked to it, so I would notify you here when there is an update.

As a workaround for the time being please try the following:
    • Open Asset Editor and load your settings;
    • Do not start rendering;
    • Go to the V-Ray Asset Editor > Settings > Render Output and enable the Save Image switch, then disable it. No need to set any path there, simply turning it on and off should fix this. Example attached.
    • Start render.
    If the .vropt settings file is a rather old one you could consider to recreate it with the new V-Ray version and resave to avoid any issues.
    Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hello,

Thx for the answer.

It does work as a workaround, so it does help a lot
      And I imagine it will be treated in next updated version.

Could you give me the link to the full list of subjects known for Sketchup/Vray and workarounds ? You said mine is related to SK-4095, but I can't find the link or the list

Best regards

AT

Comment

Thank you flatsolution for sharing that workaround worked for you.

Please kindly note that the issue is logged in our internal system and you can request an update in a ticket or on a forum with this number.
        Developers will be looking further into it and we will post once there is some new information regarding the issue.
        Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

OK, I thought the ticket list was available (in order to check if a problem was already logged in your system, and to check wether a solution/workaround is available)

Thx again

Comment

Working...
          X