Blue Tint on Reflections / Environment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Tint on Reflections / Environment

Hello! I've searched everywhere but still haven't found an answers to my problem so I hope someone here will have an idea of what I could do. My scene is rendering with a blue tint on metal and glass reflections. Any thoughts?

You can turn on real-time rendering, turn off all the lights in the light list, and turn them on one by one to see which ones are affected

Comment

It's the Sun Light. I changed to a Dome to try and fix it but I still get the blue tint.

Comment

Is it possible for you to share the scene ?
        Windows 10 - RTX 3090 - AMD Ryzen 9 5950X - 128 Go RAM
        Sketchup PRO 23.0.419 + V-Ray 6.20.02
        3DS Max 2024.2.1 + V-Ray 6.20.06
        Chaos Vantage 2.3.0
        GeForce Studio Ready Driver Version 546.01​

Comment

Comment

The Sketchup file, not a rendered image.
            Windows 10 - RTX 3090 - AMD Ryzen 9 5950X - 128 Go RAM
            Sketchup PRO 23.0.419 + V-Ray 6.20.02
            3DS Max 2024.2.1 + V-Ray 6.20.06
            Chaos Vantage 2.3.0
            GeForce Studio Ready Driver Version 546.01​

Comment

Sorry, I can't due to client confidentiality. I can share prints of the settings if it works.

Comment

Hello beatriz_lorenzo,

In order to find the source of the issue it would be best if you could send the scene to our support team to take a look. We can guarantee that any information you share is used for troubleshooting only and if needed we can provide you with NDA agreement. If it is alright with you please open a ticket using this submit request form and upload the archived scene in the ticket (make sure to use Pack Project tool (Extensions>V-Ray>Pack Project tool) in order to archive all textures). You can delete all sensitive information from the scene like geometry, but make sure that the issue is still reproducible.

Also please share your exact V-Ray version (Extensions>V-Ray>Help>About V-Ray).

If you are still unable to share the scene any additional screenshots of your settings will be very helpful.
                Especially please share your current Environment Background texture and Dome Light settings or Sun Light settings. Also please make a screenshot of the overall setting (Camera, Environment tab, Color Management etc.) Apart from that share if you have any post-production Layers in the VFB, test if disabling any of them helps.

As a possible workaround you can try to enable global Environment overrides (please see documentation), similarly it can be done on a per material basis (please see here).​​
                Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
                Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by beatriz_lorenzo View Post
                  It's the Sun Light. I changed to a Dome to try and fix it but I still get the blue tint.
                  I think you may have turned on environmental fog and gave it a blue effect,&check sun color。try turnoff。or reset all rander setting.Focus on checking the sun。
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by wzfwzfwzf; 04-07-2023, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Many thanks everyone for all your help, I did a light gen to get a new dome for my file and, as natalia.gruzdova pointed out, I had a post-production layer on that wasn't helping either.

Comment

Thanks beatriz_lorenzo for letting us know! If you need any further assistance do not hesitate to post on forum or open a ticket to our support team!
                      Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
                      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
                      X