PLEASE HELP! Materials like water rendering black in the latest release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE HELP! Materials like water rendering black in the latest release

I'm trying to render a subdivision map from a sketchup model in parallel projection mode. Some materials are showing up as solid black like water and imported paint colors. As a test, I've opened files saved in earlier versions and they render normally, even using the same materials. I've searched far and wide and have not seen a solution that works. The only thing I can even guess at is that this drawing started as a dwg. file instead of fully original , though it probably has no bearing.
    Any thoughts?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-07-16 at 10.04.31 AM.png
Views:	458
Size:	2.68 MB
ID:	1186310 Click image for larger version

Name:	Chandler copy.png
Views:	445
Size:	2.89 MB
ID:	1186313
    Dropbox link to file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o216pqzg1o...erNew.skp?dl=0

MacOS 13.4.1 on Apple M1 Max Mac Studio.
    Sketchtup Pro 23.0.418
    VRay 6

Thank you in advance.
    Attached Files

Hi @evan_blandford

Can you please go to the Frame Buffer > Display Corrections and make sure that neither None nor OCIO options were selected when the render was saved?
    Just to row out that possibility, please try to save the render when the sRGB option is selected.

Click image for larger version  Name:	none.jpg Views:	0 Size:	517.5 KB ID:	1186398 Click image for larger version  Name:	srgb.jpg Views:	0 Size:	503.8 KB ID:	1186399 Click image for larger version  Name:	none_srgb.jpg Views:	0 Size:	414.0 KB ID:	1186400

Last edited by diana.milenova; 17-07-2023, 07:23 AM.
    Diana Milenova | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks for responding, Diana.

Mine is a little different but this is what what selected: Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 7-17-23 at 9.34 AM.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	925.4 KB
ID:	1186416

Comment

Hi @evan_blandford​,

The difference in the screenshots is due to that In your example of the Frame Buffer the Source RGB is selected, and not the Display Correction. ( Please find an image attached )

However, after reviewing your initial post I have realized that you are probably referring to the “Water Light BlueNewWater1” and “INDIAN RIVER” materials which as you pointed out appear much darker.
        Issues with these materials can be solved by navigating and selecting the geometry, where the material is applied; removing the material using the V-Ray Remove Material option; and reapplying the material.

Let me know if that was the issue and whether reapplying the materials solves it.
        You are welcome to find a video example attached here.
        Diana Milenova | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Refraction- depth (cm) value need to be increased in order to get more transparency, lower values makes it looks darker..

Comment

Working...
          X