Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vray 6 gpu the vray fur with vray hair material looks horrible, looks really bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 6 gpu the vray fur with vray hair material looks horrible, looks really bad

Hi Konstantin

Today i was working hard to keep trying vray 6 gpu with my heavy scenes.

The vray hair material with vray fur looks really bad totally fluorescent.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230717_203224~2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	462.7 KB ID:	1186453 Same scene, same settings, both aces and srgb, i did not move anything.

Looks horrible with vray 5.1 this strange colors and reflections never happened, never.

This looks like heavy tinted fog...Horrible!!!

I like beatiful things in life, as an architec i always try to express armony and beauty with spaces and that is why i chose vray... but vray 6 gpu has some many issues.

First vray gpu 6 is still taking too much vram, the same than 5.2. A really bad experience here.

Then right now vray hair material along with vray fur...what else??

Right now i havent tested the 2d displacement...I wonder if im going to find another issue again.

Then something has vray 6.1 that is difficult to install, so many users complaint about an issue with installation

I worked with the gpu of the cpu, i7 8700k, slow but it renders fine, but it took really a lof of ram 55gb.Too much. I have 64 of ram

I tried cuda with my 2 2080ti with nvlink...nothing worked, just crash and crash, with rtx is going to be even worst.

Vray 6 Konstantin and Peter Chauchev was a really bad experience, sorry to say that but this is how i really feel.

Take this as feedback, to bring the next major update something really awesome

Thanks

Last edited by luisgamino2; 17-07-2023, 08:02 PM.

Im going to upload the vray hair material shader so vray for sketchup team can check that.

For me with vray 6 the hair material looks really bad, seems like a bag of plastic, it does not look right.

If you compare vray hair material shader from vray 5 to vray 6. You are going to see very different shader.

with vray 5 the hair material looks better, does not recieve too much light.

With vray 6 is so sensitive for light.

Why this dramatic change???!!!

I have been asking for a better shader of the vray hair material. Never got an upgrade here for years.

So im very disappointed with vray shaders.
    Right now is horrible the vray hair material it looks like a plastic.

The vray hair material should be a lot more less sensibility to light.

It is not the vray fur...It is the horrible vray hair material shader.

We are proffesionals Konstantin, we deserve better shaders as vray for maya and vray for 3d max.

I can not express as i want because the poor development of vray for sketchup.

Thanks

Comment

I found the issue, with vray 5.1 i had already aplyied the hair material to the plane.

But with vray 5.1 this was fine

With vray 6 i had to assign another material to the plane of the tapestry in order to work.

But i wonder why with 5.1 this worked fine.

While with vray 6 i have to change that material.

Right now it works fine, we deserve better hair material, this shader is very important for spaces.

Thanks

Comment

It still looking wrong, it is not resolved

Vray fur with vray hair material looks horrible.

Vray hair material with vray 6 looks really bad, really bad

I did everything and nothing works and that is why because vray never took serius vray for sketchup.

Im tired and done with vray 6 i dont want to know anything with vray 6.

Nothings works it is incredible how im lossing just my time.

Since 5.2 vray was never the same.

Vray 6 is full of issues, i hate to suffer with vray gpu.

Im done with this software, i hate to loose my time just try this, try that, install that unistall that, send this email, send another email...What is going on here!!!

Issues and issues and issues and never enjoy vray gpu.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230719_142932~2.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	1186657 I did everything, i took of the transparency full Black, then aplayed just a diffuse material to the plane where vray is going to grow the fur to the tapestry...Nothing happens...nothing

I hate vray gpu, i hate vray gpu, i hate this software!!!
        Last edited by luisgamino2; 19-07-2023, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X