No announcement yet.

Vray gpu hair material really buggy!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray gpu hair material really buggy!!!

It is full of bugs!!!

If i change the transparency parámeter this then again goes to the back parameter, to the previus número.

It does not matter what you do this material is buggy with vray 6.

I hate vray gpu, i hate vray gpu, i hate this software always find a issue always.
    instead of enjoy vray gpu, i only suffer.

Just try to change this parámeter, it becomes crazy.

Im done with vray 6 and this is going to be the same i think with vray 6.1

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230719_144329~2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.75 MB ID:	1186661 Horrible shader, looks auwfull, really bad hair material.

With vray 6 it looks even worst than vray 5

Do you think Konstantin that this shader exprees what is in real life the fibers for a tapestry???

This shader is really bad!!

I dont like nothing how vray hair material looks with vray 6.

You always treat us like a small childs.

Why you dont bring for us the real shaders as vray for maya and vray for 3d max???

Poor shaders for vray gpu sketchup users!!!

This seems more like a two sided material, but has nothing to do with the real hair material.

With vray gpu 6 for sketchup this is not a hair material!!!

Looks really bad, i hate vray gpu 6 for sketchup.

​​​​​​Thanks

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230719_162722~2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.74 MB ID:	1186664 Vray gpu hair material with vray 5.1 as you can see with earlier version as vray 5 this material at least look more realistic than the vray gpu 6.

Vray 5 hair material is much better than vray 6 hair material.

So shaders with vray 6 are really bad.

Just look both Konstantin, vray 5 hair material is much realistic that vray 6.

With vray 5 vray hair material does not look too fluorescent, not too bright.

With vray 6 hair material look like a plastic, like 2 sided material and this is not the real beahaviur in real life.

With vray 5 my tapestry look nice, with vray 6 my tapestry look horrible, really really bad.

Im done with vray 6!!!
      Last edited by luisgamino2; 19-07-2023, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Give us some example renders please. From real hair systems.
        Im not sure what you are seeing.
        https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
        Ryzen 5950, Geforce 3060, 128GB ram

Comment

Oglu first this was a feedback for Konstantin and Peter chauchev so they can see how is the vray hair material with vray 6.

I already posted my work in the gallery forum, there are several examples on how i use vray fur with vray hair material.

You can coment here it is fine, you already know since you use vray for maya or 3d max i think so that vray hair material is so much better with vray for maya and 3d max.

You got an update the vray hair next material too many years ago, then a second update to bring better White hair.

I read that in the chaos labs and i still remember how beautifull this looks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230719_144329~2.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	1186768 Do you think this looks nice to represent hair material???

This has nothing to do with the reality.

I know oglu that shaders with vray never are going to be the same as in real life, chaos group with vray try to get close to reality, the Best aproach to reality.

The vray hair material with vray 6 is really bad, look too bright, more like a paper lámp.

As an architec i dont do renders to make living i do renders to try to convince a client to build in real life.

I take architecture really serius in my life oglu, for me this profession my main goal is to persuit the happiness with a family in a house in spaces.

How do they involve in spaces and not to get money and get rich.

First the spaces and architecture and then the money.

I dont do renders for 3 person, i just use vray for sketchup to express in spaces what i have in my mind.

Name:	20230719_142932~2.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	1186769 Do you think this looks nice for a tapestry oglu?

As a legal and loyal user of vray for sketchup i have the right to ask for better shaders and new features.

Vray for maya and vray for 3d max is in another level Oglu and you already know that. Lot more better than vray for sketchup and vray for rhyno

Im not going to stay quiet in silence and dont say anything while vray for 3d max and vray for maya gets the big updates.

Comment

This shader is made for hair. Long human hair.
            If you need it for a rug i would go with the standard shader.
            https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
            Ryzen 5950, Geforce 3060, 128GB ram

Comment

I already know that vray hair next material was for long human hair, this was in the vray next development.

We dont have another shader for hair material oglu, the one that i uploaded is for grass and same time for rugs.

Vray for sketchup only has 1 vray hair material and that is all. This has not been changed since vray 3

With vray 5 this was at least a good option for rugs.

With vray 6 this is not an option as you can see is too bright, too fluorescent.

I dont simply know why with vray 6 the hair material changed a lot.

Thanks for your suggestion oglu.

Comment

I saw the issue i was rendering with vray gpu but with gpu of the cpu and that is why the material looked like that.

The difference here is masive with vray gpu looks totally different than vray cpu.

Since i never use the cpu to work with vray gpu i did a test thinking cuda was working but was the gpu of the cpu.

That is why it looked so different

Also the light multiplier and the options does not work with vray gpu.

Sometimes i wonder and surprise me the big difference in materials between vray cpu and vray gpu.

If you tweak some setting and then changes from vray gpu to cpu, this could really bring a total mess and really bad experience with the software because is like ohhhh why it changed so much!!!...It was a parameter that has support for vray cpu but does not has support for vray gpu and then is when i get confused

The light multiplier was at 1 and with vray cpu it works but with vray gpu it does not work that is why i had this issue

Last edited by luisgamino2; 21-08-2023, 07:25 PM.

Comment

V-Ray for SketchUp actually supports all material and textures from the other V-Ray integrations like the ones in Maya or 3ds Max.
                  The only issue with editing such items is that the UI is automatically generated and might not be very convenient.
                  Also I'd recommend using the latest V-Ray version when experimenting with this (prior to update 1 we had some issues with the auto-generated UI).

Here's a vrmat containing the Hair Next material that can be imported - Hair_Next.zip

Name:	image.png
Views:	106
Size:	355.4 KB
ID:	1191767
                  Attached Files

Comment

Wowww Konstantin

It has a lot more options than the classic vray hair that we have in vray for sketchup

Seems a really more complex shader

So right now with this texture shader can i import that and use it in the material slot of the vray fur??

I would like to give a try right now

Thank you very much for this effort Konstantin

Im going to try and see the differences between vray hair material for sketchup and the vray next hair material.

Just for the UI it looks a really complex shader...That is great Konstantin

Thanks again

Comment

You need the latest update to open it I believe.

Comment

I see Konstantin, for example i dont know if you remember that i posted some cushions from South América from Perú some time ago that has kind of long hairs, they are totally natural hairs from an animal in Perú.

This shader can be for cushions with natural hairs and the vray hair material the classical shader for rugs and tapestry.

Let try with vray 5.1 to see if i can use it

Thanks for the advice

Comment

Here is just the shader

Name:	20230927_014142~2.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	1191786 vray hair material

Name:	20230927_014136~2.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	1191787 Vray next hair material

This is amazing Konstantin!!!

The vray next hair material is just in another level i can not change the settings with vray 5.1, you are correct Konstantin i need the vray 6 update 1

But surprise me it has a lot more options than the vray hair material.

The reflections looks so much better!!!

Seems a really nice material for natural hair in a cushion

Comment

Working...
                          X