Sketchup crashes when trying to render

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sketchup crashes when trying to render

Hey guys, I am trying to ask help here, I am getting a little desperate..
    I purchased a sketchup studio licence two months ago (so with a v-ray licence included) and, since then, I've been absolutely unable to render anything. Sketchup crashes the second the render should start. No matter the render type (CPU, GPU, interactive, vision, viewport, etc), no matter the scene (blank, small, heavy...) it crashes..! The main UI works fine though (the material preview render works fine for example). Same issue with sketchup 2023, 2022, 2021 and 2020.
    I've had no feedback from trimble support appart from sending me to my local reseller support. Which is useless...
    I'm on a Rog zephyrus G14 with a RTX2060, all drivers are up to date and I've tried reinstalling/rebooting a bunch of times.
    I just tried with the new v-ray 6 update, same issue.
    Please help!! ​

Hello brice_desportes,
    Welcome to Chaos Forums.

Please open a ticket to our support team (select Request type: Technical assistance starting the product).

In a ticket share all information from your post and additionally please collect logs. To collect the logs do the following:
    • Close SketchUp.
    • Open cmd (Command Prompt).
    • Paste "C:\Program Files\SketchUp\SketchUp 2023\SketchUp.exe" > C:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop\about.log and hit Enter (you have to substitute USERNAME with your user name for the current PC). Wait several minutes and it will start SketchUp and also create about.log on your desktop.
    • Open a new empty scene and go to Extensions > V-Ray > Help > About V-Ray > click on V-Ray Asset Editor Session Log. This will open the vrayneui folder and the corresponding vrayneui.log file for the current session will be highlighted. (example)
    • Start rendering and once it crashes collect this vrayneui.log and also about.log from the desktop.
    • If you also get Bugsplat click on View Report details and collect all logs that are listed there (SketchUpLog.log, Bugsplat.log and Dmp file). They are located in the %AppData%\Local\Temp folder. (%AppData% can be accessed like this: copy it in the path and hit Enter.)
    Thank you in advance.
    Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X