Problem with new version vray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with new version vray

I have a problem with vray since I updated to the latest version. vray is not using 100% cpu to render. This is making the render take a long time

Hello artes_gmailcom,
    Thank you for your post.

First of all, please share your current V-Ray version (a screenshot of About window V-Ray for SketchUp would be sufficient). Also are you able to recall what version you were using previously?

Run V-Ray Benchmark and share the screenshot of your scores and more importantly while it is running make a screenshot of the Performance tab (example)​ of Task Manager (instead of Processes).

Download the test scene that I have attached to the post, again check the Task Manager Performance tab during render. Let me know if while rendering this scene the CPU is fully utilized or not.

If the CPU is 100% utilized with this test scene and during the benchmark test, then it is possible that there are some issues only with your specific scene. Please share a screenshot of your current settings and also confirm that you are using the CPU render engine. Try to Revert to Default Render Settings and check if it makes any difference.​
    Attached Files
    Last edited by natalia.gruzdova; 08-08-2023, 06:35 AM.
    Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hello, I performed all the tests.

About the version, I'm using the most recent one, I don't remember exactly which was the previous one, but I always update when there's a new version.

In the benchmark it uses 100% of the CPU, but in the test file the maximum is 40%. It happens the same for any file, maximum 40%

In my files I am using CPU rendering engine yes. I reopened the same project to show you.​

Comment

Thank you artes_gmailcom for testing.

It is possible that this is a known issue with Lower CPU utilization with Intel Alder Lake processors on Windows 10 - please take a look at this article.

What I can suggest is to make sure that all latest Windows 10 updates are installed. Also you may perform V-Ray reinstallation as well, for that please follow these steps to uninstall V-Ray.

After that render the test scene and to get more information on cores utilization right-click in the Performance tab > Change graph to > Logical processors (instead of Overall utilization).​

Comment

Hello!

The problem was resolved by upgrading to Windows 11.

Thank you very much.​

Comment

Comment

Hello artes_gmailcom,
              Thank you very much for keeping us posted and I am glad that everything works as it should with Windows 11.

Should you need any assistance please feel free to contact us again!

Comment

Working...
              X