Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V-ray 6 in Sketchup HDRI background bug when using GPU (after update 1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-ray 6 in Sketchup HDRI background bug when using GPU (after update 1)

Hi everyone,

Since the last V-ray update 1, I've had a very annoying bug when using my GPU (Cuda or RTX) to render my visuals on Sketchup. This however doesn't happen when using my CPU.

Alongside this message are two screenshots illustrating my issue. You can clearly see in the screenshot using the GPU that the background has a very weird effect as if a vanishing point was added. This greatly distorts the image making it unusable.

When using the same backgrounds without update 1, I don't have this issue which tells me this probably isn't an issue with my settings. This also happens for all my projects.

Whenever I need to render a background in an image, I need to use my CPU which takes 10 times as long... I can sadly not downgrade to an earlier V-ray version as I need some of the new assets.

If you have any idea of what could cause this, I would be more than thankful.

Hello illandre_vignaud,
    Thank you for your post.

Could you please confirm some things regarding your scene:
    • Do you have Use Transform enabled in the V-Ray Dome light settings? If yes, please try to disable it and test if CPU and GPU are rendering similarly when it is disabled.
    • Have you perhaps scaled the light source? Try to create new Dome light and paste your HDRI texture in a newly created Dome light source. Does it render correctly with GPU?
    Let me know the results. Also it would be very helpful if you could share your scene. All we need is an empty scene with Dome light and texture. You can attach a .zip archive here on forum. Thank you in advance.
    Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi illandre_vignaud​,

This issue has been resolved in the latest update.
      It was the reason for the update/hotfix actually:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	156
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	1191662

Konstantin
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X