Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vray render crashes and stops the network connection or the opposite.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray render crashes and stops the network connection or the opposite.

Good evening,

we are strugling with an issue the last 3 months when we are rendering our scenes.

The VFB stops the procedure and at the same time the pc gives no network connection.

As a result the system freezes and we must restart the PC.

For start we have changes all the network cables with new ones, but nothing.

Next step was to try change the switches with enteprise switches (HP), still nothing.

We made tweeks to netwotk drivers and pc's eco modes and no result again.

I read somewhere in the topics, that VRAY online licence is checking the time we render and if the network is busy or the traffic is high it may result to stop the rendering.

Is that possible? And if it is what options do we have.

We are working on Dell Precision pc's, but i think that is irrelevant because they are diffrent machines and they all crash for the same reason.

I thought it may be a windows 11 problem, but it happens only when we render.

All the files are kept in a synology NAS server and vray Cosmos library is stored there to. Do you think that maybe this is the problem?

Any ideas/help will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

George.

Dear george_kolovos​, hello.

The described from you is quite disturbing.
    Let's start from the beginning - the network connection outage.
    Yes, the License server requires Internet connection, but to prove is this causing the issue you could try to borrow your licenses and use them offline, if your workflow allows it.

First we need to check your configuration(s).
    Second, it could be scene related, but the Internet connection should be again stable for all the operations to be performed.

Let's start by opening a ticket for you to our Tech Support team. I just done this - ticket #151883.
    I am also seeing that you have an opened one to our Chaos License Management team for an issue on MacBook machines.

When is proven that the system are working well, but crashes are still experienced our 3D Support team could join to investigate the particular scenes.

Please be kindly informed that tomorrow is a National holiday in Bulgaria (Unification Day), so there might be a slight delay in answering.

Best regards,
    TS
    Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
    3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

The VFB stops the procedure and at the same time the pc gives no network connection.
      Note that once the rendering has started, loosing access to the license does not interrupt the process.
      The license check is done only once in the beginning.

Your issue is caused by something else.
      Can you share a screen recording showing the issue - it might help narrowing down the list of possible causes?

Comment

Working...
      X