Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Day, another Post Enscape merger broken release!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Day, another Post Enscape merger broken release!

So here I am, I see that the decals issue is fixed so I update to the latest version of Vray. I',m in the middle of a commercial job wit ha deadline and boom bloody materials doesn't work now because it's all tied into Cosmos which is giving me the following now whether I open direct or from the materials library:

Chaos Cosmos Browser failed to load
    Please try restarting the process

Is it really to much to ask that you have a release that just works just like it always used to before the Enscape and subscription days. I am tied of something always not working properly after each update. Put he materials back how they were if you can't make Cosmos work.

Dear jason_cafferty, hello.

Thank you for the positivism.

Chaos Cosmos issues are handled by our Tech Support team.
    I just opened for you a ticket in our system (#151887) and you will be contacted shortly.
    At the moment you could try the described here steps.
    Be aware they they will need also the cb.log available here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup\ChaosCosmos.
    You could attach it to the ticket.

Please be kindly informed that tomorrow is a National holiday in Bulgaria (Unification Day), so there might be a slight delay in answering.
    And we are sorry that you are experiencing this right now.

Best regards,
    TS
    Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
    3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

So I fixed this in the job I was using by reinstalling Cosmos (which I shouldn't have to do) but upon creating a new drawing.... it's doing it again. Support of this software is going downhill rapidly. Again, just put the materials back in the program and out of Cosmos if you can't make it work reliably!

I have now also reinstalled it and the same problem... thanks for making us look bad to our client who's project we now can't finish on time.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by jason_cafferty; 06-09-2023, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Uninstalled cosmos, reinstalled it and it worked. Next time you start and use sketchup & vray, it's back to not working with that same error message.

Comment

Working...
        X