X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 6.1, vray 6.101, vray 6.102

Hi

I tried the 3 options, nothing works

I hope you upload the vray 6 update 2 without issues.

I cant use vray 6 update update 1

I had never experienced this issues when i install a new software with vray for sketchup.

Thanks

Can you please describe the issue in more details?
    Does V-Ray install and start?
    Does it crash in specific projects?

Comment

Hi there!

Hope you're doing well. I faced a problem when I installed the Vray and opened the material library, this message is shown every time. I tried many times to install the new update of Vray but nothing changed.

Comment

Hi Konstantin

This is what it happens:

I can install vray 6.1 it opens in a new scene but i tried that and vray become like kind of unstable and after some minutes this gives me always a bug splat.

With a small and heavy scene vray always says uploading components, vray loading scene and this goes for hours, once again, once again and never open the scene

This really stress me Konstantin because is like what is going on????!!!! Never seen such behaviur with vray!!!

I installed vray 6 and it worked perfectly Konstantin, no single issue with new scene, small scene and heavy scene.

With vray 6 i can install the software easy and works nice
        So my question is why im experimenting this issues with vray 6.1?

Also vray 6 renders fine, is just the 6.1 that it does not work i use sketchup pro 2021

Im really missing the compressed texture mode with vray gpu.

When i install vray 6.1 believe Konstantin vray does strange things like i already pointed.

Im still using vray 5.1, vray 6 still takes too much vram with vray gpu.

Right now i can do my work with high accuracy, i really like vray even if i use 5.1 it is a very stable build and im happy with that...But of course as a lot of vray users i would like to try the new things with vray 6.1 but is not worth for me because it can give me a bugsplat at some point.

I always build heavy scene since i dont have deadlines, i take my time to do a nice and beautifful scene having a bugsplat in the middle of a proyect this really can bother me and makes me angry, that is why i use vray 5.1 it is very stable even for heavy scenes.

vray 5.1 never faills Konstantin it is great for me. Never gives me a bugsplat.

So i think the Best for all is take care of the update 2.

Try to bring a very stable build for us please.

Other than that as i always say vray and vray gpu are great.

Thanks Konstantin

Luis Gamiño
        Best regards

Comment

Hi c_penders​,

The issue you are showing is something different.
          It is caused by the Chaos Cosmos service/process not running or failing somehow.
          This is sometimes caused by a antivirus program blocking it but its hard to say just from the screenshot.

Have you filed a support ticket for this?
          It might be necessary for someone from our support team to log into your computer and investigate.

Konstantin

Comment

With a small and heavy scene vray always says uploading components, vray loading scene and this goes for hours, once again, once again and never open the scene
            This means that there might be an issue with our scene migration logic.
            It also means that it is project-specific.
            Can you please share a smaller scene that gives you an error for further investigation?

Thank you in advance,
            Konstantin

Comment

I already sent a file to Nathalia Konstantin it was a kind of a small scene with some skkater plants.

She told me that the scene was easy opened with vray 6.1 in her workstation.

She didnt find an issue with the scene.

Not a big scene, but i work here materials and some assets.

I dont simply know what happened with the vray 6 update 1 it has something really strange

But as i said before i tried everything and didnt work also with new scenes i always got a bugsplat

For me right now everything is ok with vray, i can use vray 5.1 so dont worry Konstantin

I hope with vray 6 update 2 we dont see this issues again

Thanks

Luis Gamiño

Last edited by luisgamino2; 26-09-2023, 11:17 PM.

Comment

But as i said before i tried everything and didnt work also with new scenes i always got a bugsplat
                This isn't good. We have to find what's going on.
                What other SU extentions and plugins are you using?
                There might be a conflict with a specific one - we've had that in the past.

Also, are you using the default SU template or you have a custom one with V-Ray data in it?

Comment

I only use skkater 1, transmutur, skkater 2 and vray 5.1 and that is all about plugins Konstantin

Comment

Have you tried disabling all, leaving only V-Ray active?

Comment

No i didnt try that Konstantin, i dont use too much transmutur and i used just for a week in a trial versión im going to wait for transmutur 2 to pay a licence

About skatter 1 and skkater 2 i really use a lot both softwares it really helps me for gardens and roads, disabling it is not an option for me Konstantin since i have a scenes with heavy skkater plants they work perfect right now i dont want to break it or happens something really strange later

That is why i didnt try that because skkater 1 and skkater 2 are very important for me, the same goes for vray these 3 software are crucial in my life

I can disable transmutur

Comment

About the issue SU templete is like always in clássic meters

I dont have a custom data template

Comment

About the issue SU templete is like always in clássic meters

I dont have a custom data template​
                          OK, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                          X