Unexpectedly Dim Rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unexpectedly Dim Rendering

While using the LibFredo Animator plugin to produce a rendered PNG sequence for use in a video, I discovered that a block of the images are coming out dim or dark compared to others.

The animation is a shadow study and the problem renderings are during a specific block of time so I assume the issue is with the shadow/light settings but I can't figure out what may be causing it.

I've replicated the issue outside of the LibFredo plugin so I know the problem lies within SKP or Vray. There are no objects that block the sun...the rendering just randomly gets dark during a period of time as set in the shadows in SKP. Shadows appear normal in SKP; it's only in the Vray rendering that I can see something is wrong.

The two attached images are 3 mins apart in terms of time of day but one is clearly darker. No settings were changed between renderings.

Maybe the clouds blocked the sun。

Comment

Hello nathan_dickman,
      Thank you for your post.

Possibly wzfwzfwzf is right that clouds are blocking the sun and therefore sunlight becomes dimmer.
      What you can check and let us know is:
      • Is there a significant difference between closely spaced frames? Or if the transition of light is evenly distributed and animation is smooth?
      • Try to disable clouds and re render exact frames to test how it will look without clouds. Does the sun become dimmer without clouds? If yes, you could make clouds less dense in this case for example for your final renders.
      If you would like us to inspect your scene please open a ticket using this submit request form and upload the archived scene in the ticket. Please make sure to archive it with the Pack Project tool (V-Ray > Pack Project tool).
      Additionally please share some frames to see your render results and also provide your exact V-Ray version (a screenshot of the About V-Ray window will be sufficient).​
      Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

natalia.gruzdova wow, I had no idea the clouds would actually obscure the sun. I just thought it populated them within the view. Turning them off did the trick. Seems obvious now haha.

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks a lot nathan_dickman for checking it out and letting us know the outcome!
          Wish you great renders!
          Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
          X