vrscene proxy gpu rendering bump bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vrscene proxy gpu rendering bump bugs

The vrscene proxy gpu rendering bump bug, which has also been around for a long time. Because of the units of max and sketchup, it is equal to 25.4 times smaller model. cpu rendering is normal, gpu bump will become very serious, I tried to modify the bump intensity to become normal, obviously there is a bug. The problem also occurs with normals and displacements, as shown here
    Attached Files

Hello wu_xiaolong,
    I was not able to reproduce the described issue with the latest V-Ray 6 version.

Please share what versions of V-Ray for SketchUp (Extensions>V-Ray>Help>About V-Ray) and V-Ray for 3ds Max (Render Setup>Settings>About V-Ray) are you using?
    Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

This is true for both older and latest versions of vfs 6.1, I'm on the latest version now.
      Just need max to transfer the proxy vrscene and then vfs to import the vrscene scaled down by 25x within sketchup to find the issue.

Comment

Perhaps I am missing something specific in my tests.

Please share the 3ds Max file from your example as well as exported .vrscene.
        If you could also paste exact builds of V-Ray versions you have currently installed it would be much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by natalia.gruzdova View Post
          Perhaps I am missing something specific in my tests.

Please share the 3ds Max file from your example as well as exported .vrscene.
          If you could also paste exact builds of V-Ray versions you have currently installed it would be much appreciated.
          The compressed package contains vrscene files and videos,vfs6.10.02​
          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you wu_xiaolong for the video.

The important step that was missing in my initial test is the scaling of the .vrscene. We are aware of the differences between CPU and GPU render engines with bump maps if the .vrscene is scaled. This is also reproducible in 3ds Max and is not connected to the fact that SketchUp is operating in inches.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Vrscene_bump_scaled.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	183.1 KB
ID:	1192568
            I have linked your forum post to the internal report number VGPU-6096.

Comment

Originally posted by natalia.gruzdova View Post
              Thank you wu_xiaolong for the video.

The important step that was missing in my initial test is the scaling of the .vrscene. We are aware of the differences between CPU and GPU render engines with bump maps if the .vrscene is scaled. This is also reproducible in 3ds Max and is not connected to the fact that SketchUp is operating in inches.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Vrscene_bump_scaled.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	183.1 KB
ID:	1192568
              I have linked your forum post to the internal report number VGPU-6096.
              Yes, normals, displacements and 3s materials are also like that, scaling exists under gpu rendering

Comment

Working...
              X