Decals still broken in 6.2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decals still broken in 6.2?

I am currently having an issue where ANY decal bricks my scenes. It hangs on compiling geometry for several minutes, doesn't matter how complex the scene is, and sometimes just crashes entirely. This happens even when the decal is completely empty with no materials added to it. I had seen similar posts that said it was an issue fixed in 6.2, but It seems to still be occurring. I have tested with RTX, CPU, and CUDA as well as with all manner of scene complexities, from parking lines in parking lots to simple single polygons with a single decal applied. They all lock up while rendering and as soon as I delete the decal it's fine. I did not have this issue in previous versions and many previous scenes are completely busted unless I delete the decals. I have also tried using the global displacement switch, doesn't effect it whatsoever.

Hello dylan_hendley,
    Welcome to Chaos Forums!

Could you please specify what V-Ray version you have currently installed? A screenshot of the About V-Ray window will be sufficient.

The issue with Decals was fixed in the V-Ray 6.10.01 build. If you are using the previous version please update to the latest 6.10.02 version that you can download here.​
    Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	190
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	1192359I assume this is the latest version?​

Comment

Thank you dylan_hendley for confirmation.

Could you please share any of the simplest scenes that crash for you so I could test it as well? Use Pack Project tool (Extensions > V-Ray > Pack Project) in order to include all textures and attach archive either here on forum if possible or send it in a ticket.

Also, please share what SketchUp version you are using.

Comment

I submitted a ticket, it kept failing when I tried to upload here. also included are pc specs, i am also on the current nvidia studio driver

Comment

Thank you dylan_hendley for sending your scene. Let us continue communication in a ticket for now.

I would also like to add that our developers are currently looking into the issue as well and your scene is very helpful.

Regarding the NVIDIA drivers please note that the current recommended drivers are version 536.40. You can find this information on the top of this page: https://www.chaos.com/vray-gpu. This is the version that is tested and approved by the developers and how it works with V-Ray, so it can be different from the latest version released by NVIDIA. In order to install the drivers please follow steps described in this forum post: Installing the recommended Windows Drivers for V-Ray GPU on Windows.
            Last edited by natalia.gruzdova; 04-10-2023, 04:26 AM. Reason: Additional information

Comment

Hi dylan_hendley​,

We have identified an issue causing slowdowns and crashes when using decals and a fix will be available in an upcoming update.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention!

Konstantin

Comment

Working...
              X