Missing V-Ray Toolbars in V-Ray for Sketchup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing V-Ray Toolbars in V-Ray for Sketchup

The issue seems to have began after upgrading to Sketchup 2023. Upon re-installing V-Ray the toolbar icons are unavailable. They are checked in the toolbar menu. I don't have any other screens or monitors and have checked behind the SketchUp window- they are not docked or floating offscreen as far as I can tell. I can access V-Ray via the top ribbon>Extension option but this is not a great long-term solution. I have also reinstalled V-Ray twice to no avail.

I have also tried to Disable V-Ray via the Extension Manager, Restart Sketchup, and Enable V-Ray Extension again but the issue remains.
    • See attached screenshot for all relevant info.

Please help! Thanks very much.

Hello vincentj_apuzzo,

Could you also please try the suggestion from this forum post, specifically - toggling off and back on the System > Display option "Remember window locations based on monitor connection".

Let us know if this makes any difference.
    Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks very much for the reply natalia.gruzdova

I have tried to toggle the Display option on and off, but as far as I know this option is only enabled when the PC is connected to multiple monitors- mine is not and I do not have another monitor to connect it to at this time. So, when I go to System>Display there is only the option to Detect. If I go to Advanced Settings there are no additional Displays to select other than the one pictured (see attached screenshots).

Thanks again for your assistance!

Comment

Hello vincentj_apuzzo,
        The menu is different not due to a single monitor being connected, but because unfortunately Windows 10 does not have this option.

I have searched for similar issues with the Toolbars and have come across several topics on SketchUp forums. There are some options that you may try - I will list them from easiest to the most time-consuming.If none of the above helps, the last resort is to perform clean reinstallation of both V-Ray and SketchUp.

Uninstall V-Ray (here are the steps), uninstall SketchUp, and delete all the leftover SketchUp folders including the hidden ones (if not sure how to locate these - contact Trimble support for more information; this step is very important and if not performed correctly- the issues persist), reboot the machine.
        Then install the latest SketchUp and latest V-Ray again and check for the Toolbars.
        Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X