Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray crashes on starting Render and V-Ray Asset

Hi,
    can't start V-Ray for SketchUp Studio on my new PC with Nvidia Geforce RTX with driver updated to October 10, 2023. SketchUp always crashes. I have already sent the error report to Trimble several times, doing various setup tests, with new and old versions of both SketchUp and V-Ray, but nothing to do. Can anyone suggest how to proceed? The operating system is Windows 10 version 22H2 and says that an update is available to upgrade to Windows 11 22H2. What do you suggest to do?
    You can find here the bug_report link.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/11mE...ew?usp=sharing
    Thanks in advance.

Hello samanta_bracci,
    Welcome to Chaos Forums!

Do you experience crashes even in a new empty scene? Please test and let us know. It would be best if you test with the latest 6.10.03 V-Ray build, please download it here.

Regarding the NVIDIA drivers please note that the current recommended drivers are version 536.40. You can find this information on the top of this page: https://www.chaos.com/vray-gpu. This is the version that is tested and approved by the developers and how it works with V-Ray, so it can be different from the latest version released by NVIDIA.
    In order to install the drivers please follow steps described in this forum post: Installing the recommended Windows Drivers for V-Ray GPU on Windows. Try rendering after the installation, does it help?

Also just in case, please run the V-Ray Benchmark RTX test and send us a screenshot of your result. Apart from that please provide a screenshot of Help > About SketchUp to see your current SketchUp version.

To sum up:
    • Install 6.10.03 V-Ray version.
    • Install drivers following the steps from the article. Test rendering simple scene.
    • If you still get an error run V-Ray Benchmark and share your score.
    Waiting for your response.
    Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X