Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Errors and warnings occur when uploading scenes from SketchUp 2023 to Chaos Cloud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Errors and warnings occur when uploading scenes from SketchUp 2023 to Chaos Cloud

Hello again,
    I have another issue, and it's just that I get the message in Cloud after uploading the scene that many paths are missing. How can I configure it so that it doesn't happen anymore? I use 3D Warehouse, Cosmos, and Polygon Assets.
    I will be very grateful for your help.​
    Attached Files

Hello, Henry,

This seems like an embedded assets issue.
    The easiest way to manage assets is to use the V-Ray File Path Editor which can be located in Extentions > V-Ray > File Path Editor. This tool allows users to identify any missing or embedded assets and easily change the file path. After selecting the assets you can "Repath", "Archive", or "Archive and repeat" them.

Assets marked with Green are properly linked; Assets marked with Red are missing; Assets marked with Yellow are embedded.
    Embedded assets can be found only in SketchUp files and are stored in a temporary cache file. They will not cause an issue when rendering locally, however, they need to be extracted when loading exporting a .vrscene, or loading a project in Chaos Cloud. To do so open the V-Ray File Path Editor, select all the assets marked with yellow, click on the "Archive and repath" option, and select a folder.

You are welcome to find out more about the File Path Editor here.

We also advise first opening any downloaded assets ( that are not official Chaos products) in a separate file. In this way, any potential problems or missing files can be identified before loading the asset in your main project!
    Last edited by diana.milenova; 06-11-2023, 03:26 AM.
    Diana Milenova | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hello Diana, Thank you for the prompt response! The problem is thus solved... And I now understand the way to prepare the scene better.
      Thank you very much, and be greeted.

Comment

Working...
      X