This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render stops immediately

Hi everyone, I have a problem with SketchUp studio: after installing the latest update (23.1.340 64 bit) and the V-ray update (6.10.03), on a Windows 10 64 bit, with video Geforce RTX 2080 it is impossible to render using the RTX setting, I am forced to do it with CPU or CUDA (which seems illogical to me considering the card installed) otherwise the progressive rendering starts, and then stops immediately with the indication " Merging light cache passes” and there is no improvement in the same even if you let it go for some time (an hour or more) on a simple project.

I tried resetting the V-ray parameters but nothing changed. What I also noticed is that if I render with the CPU/CUDA option the result is much brighter than using RTX with the same settings.​

Any suggestions?
  • Answer selected by natalia.gruzdova at 29-11-2023, 08:21 AM.

I would like to share an update regarding this case.
    Thanks to laura_maiocchi sharing the scene in a ticket we were able to determine that the described above issue was caused by Rectangular light overlapping with ceiling geometry. The advice here is to make sure that the light source is slightly moved so that geometry does not interfere with light distribution.

Comment

Hello laura_maiocchi,
      Welcome to Chaos Forums!

Please check all listed below and provide us with some additional information in order to investigate your issue:
      • Are you able to reproduce the issue in a new empty scene or the issue is scene-related? Please test the RTX render engine in a new scene and let us know.
      • If only a specific scene is not rendering with RTX, please share the scene in question to test it in our environment. If this is alright, please open a ticket using this submit request form and upload the archived scene in the ticket. Make sure to archive it with the Pack Project tool (Extensions > V-Ray > Pack Project tool) to include all the assets.
      • What is your driver version? Please note that the current recommended drivers are version 536.40. You can find this information on the top of this page: https://www.chaos.com/vray-gpu. This is the version that is tested and approved by the developers and how it works with V-Ray, so it can be different from the latest version released by NVIDIA. In order to install the drivers please follow steps described in this forum post: Installing the recommended Windows Drivers for V-Ray GPU on Windows.
      • Also just in case, run the V-Ray Benchmark RTX test and send us a screenshot of your result.
      Awaiting your reply.
      Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hello Natalia,
        thanks for the information, I carried out the tests you indicated, here are the results in order:
        1. in a new empty scene RTX works, we also tried adding lights and Chaos objects and everything works fine.
        2. only with some specific projects, RTX doesn't work, I will open a specific ticket.
        3. The version in use is 536.40, we had previously installed version 546.01 which is the one recommended on the site https://www.chaos.com/vray-gpu.
        4. Attached is the screenshot of the Benchmark​​
        Attached Files

Comment

I tried to open a ticket but the upload accepts a maximum of 2MB, my zip file is 98MB

Comment

Thank you for the performed tests!

V-Ray Benchmark score looks good and I assume that issue is indeed scene-related and we will need to take a look at one or two of your scenes.

I tried to open a ticket but the upload accepts a maximum of 2MB, my zip file is 98MB
            Please use the click button when uploading instead of dragging and dropping. This way projects up to 100GB can be uploaded via the link. If you are still unable to upload let me know.

The version in use is 536.40, we had previously installed version 546.01 which is the one recommended on the sitehttps://www.chaos.com/vray-gpu​

Recommended version was updated just the other day, so please update drivers to 546.01 version once again following the steps described here.​

Comment

I would like to share an update regarding this case.
              Thanks to laura_maiocchi sharing the scene in a ticket we were able to determine that the described above issue was caused by Rectangular light overlapping with ceiling geometry. The advice here is to make sure that the light source is slightly moved so that geometry does not interfere with light distribution.

Comment

Working...
              X