Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with the direction of textures in V-Ray with SketchUp 2023.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with the direction of textures in V-Ray with SketchUp 2023.

Hello Chaos Team, I have an inexplicable problem with the direction of the textures and their result in the rendering... Here I attach the screenshots with the corresponding images, the settings in Vray.
    Please, let me know if I can provide any more information that could help you answer my question. Best regards.​
    Attached Files

Hello henry_walon,
    I apologize for the late reply.

Could you please share this part of the scene so we could take a look and advise?
    Thank you in advance.

UPD: Also please note that I will move your topic to Issues category.
    Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi henry_walon​,

I don't believe this is a new issue.
      Are you reproducing it with the previous version of V-Ray (6.1)?

Please note that we do not support all texture placement transformations that are possible in SU.
      If you have used the 'yellow' handle when positioning the map or if the map was projected, differences in the render are expected.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	120
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	1197300

Konstantin

Comment

hello Konstantin.
        this is the version i m using 6.10.03. Thank you for the quick response. I will try it with your recommendations.
        best regards.

my ticket number is: 186421
        Last edited by henry_walon; 12-12-2023, 03:27 AM.

Comment

Thank you for sharing your scene in a ticket henry_walon,
          Also you have shared that you were using 6.10.03 at the moment of this post and the scene that you have shared also is created with this version.

Except for what Konstantin has shared please note that material that you have used for the roof tiles (Roof Ceramic Orange 22-59 200cm) has both Tri-planar map and Stochastic tiling used for randomization purposes (please see the screenshot). These changes are visible only in render which led to differences in viewport and render results.

Please take a look at my similar post.​
          Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hello Natalia, you are right. I am currently making the same mistake... I believe that with these instructions, I will be able to solve the problem. Thank you very much for your help. With friendly regards.

Comment

Working...
            X