Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Render exporting a large dark sphere in the reflection of glass.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render exporting a large dark sphere in the reflection of glass.

I'm building a model and I typically use the interactive render tool throughout the process to note quality, export of materials etc. Anyways, I noticed that my exterior windows are exporting extremely dark - almost black. I've run into a similar issue in the past where the glass was black upon export, however the issue still persists after I've triple checked the glass thickness and material.

After rendering at all angles, I noticed that what was actually reflecting off the glass was a large, dark sphere that I believe is the "lens" in which Vray renders from. I'm unsure how this is occurring or how to render a normal scene with this unearthly spherical object getting in the way.

***I just installed vray5 today and today is the first time seeing this issue. I run this on SketchUp pro 2023. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know!

Check the normals on the glass. In Sketchup set the face display style to "Display Faces Using All Same". You should only see white faces in your glass objects. If you're seeing any blue faces (back faces), select them and click "reverse faces" until all the glass just shows the white faces. I think this has to do with how it calculates refraction depth, i.e. if the normals are flipped the wrong way, VRay can't determine how deep the glass is and this causes the light to bend much more than expected.

Comment

Hi cullan_smet ,

It is hard to determine what's going on in your project by just looking at the images.
      It would be much better if you can share a simple example model for testing.

I can tell you one thing for sure - there is no physical lens through which V-Ray is rendering - it's something else.

Konstantin

Comment

Working...
      X